• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Transistor needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2SB 556 ( this is a to3, of course) From a monacor amp that Didn't die!
Should be super compatible
I am ready to give up on all my tosh To3 (eight) (I test them with a little tool that goes beep, and is soo quiet if they are dead)
Are you quite sure the NPN complement is really OK?
I can come up with approprate drivers ( even Tosh) which would be a very good idea,
and possibly a pair of emitter resistors if you tell me the value.
The only thing representing notable $$ is the PNP, and even that will be cheap
Doug

Thanks Doug! I have all the parts I need except the PNP. They are available but too pricey for me. This is for a receiver someone asked me to fix and then waffled. If I can fix it I might be able to sell it for what I already have in it. Otherwise it's in my way and I may end up scrapping it.

smeiconductor

Ok, but the shipping is ?? Do you have an idea, thru post office?
I can use a CD mailer and hope they don't squish it.
My price is $11 You can get another if this cooks, for some reason
(I expect you to use a variac and bring up the power slowly, checking for symmetrical voltages, current draw)
Turns out this is the pioneer one, the other pair is 427 from the monacor, I can't imagine there is much difference.

Okay thanks. The only hesitation I have is that I am not sure it's a good sub (and will probably require chassis surgery to mount) and when I add shipping it will raise the price. I'll talk to Mouser and find out the cheapest shipping.

Thanks you for the lead[ I appreciate it. I did find the right part but the place has $100 minimum. So many suppliers do that, effectively saying they don't want to bother with the little guys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.