• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any M&M Loudspeaker subwoofers and components. I would prefer the Godfather or Rose series but any and all would be considered! I am currently building an old school system for personal enjoyment and I am hoping to use M&M components along with RF, Orion and possibly some Zapco amps and signal processors.

I may also consider old Rockford Fosgate components. Late 80s early 90s stuff if anyone has any of these they want to sell please contact me with those as well.

Thank you so much for your time!

Steve

Hello Francis,

M&M Electronics was a loudspeaker company based out of San Francisco, CA. Founded in 1947, the company manufactured hi-fidelity loudspeakers and managed to get into car audio around the early 80s. They are most famous for the subwoofer line for car audio named the "Godfather" series. They also produced car amps in the early 90s but went out of business in the mid 90s. I will post a few photos from my modest collection below.

Also, thank you for your offer but I am really focused on M&M Subwoofers and amplifiers with Rockford Fosgate components and amplifiers for this build. I am also setting a cuttoff of 1993 for all equipment in the build I am working on. Everything has to be 1993 or older.

Some of my M&M gear.

M&M MM250 Amplifier, designed by Steven Mantz of Zed Audio fame. A Rockford Fosgate Punch 45 HD is shown for a comparison.
100_0505.jpg

A new in box M&M Godfather 15" sub. (I need another of these!)
God_15-1.jpg

I have a NIB pair of these Godfather series 8" subs.

GF8-01.jpg

A set of M&M Godfather 5.25 mids. NIB with original warranty card. Not worth anything but nice to have.
5-25-GF01.jpg

The last series of sub M&M produced was the "Rose" series. Named after the owner's wife. These are pretty rare. I have 3.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And finally one of the older subs I have the pre-dates the car audio stuff M&M did. A pair of ribbed 12" M&Ms that have inverted surrounds and were designed for home use. Very articulate sub.
MMribbed12newface.jpg

Still looking for others if these photos remind anyone of something sitting in a closet somewhere. Again I am interested in ANY condition. I do not mind re-storing/rebuilding the M&M stuff.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.