• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Tempest-X with only one voice coil working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the two voice-coils snapped in half. I removed the dust cap and it looks like it could be soldered back on. I just don't have the skill to do it. Have pics of the sub with the dustcap off if you want to see what it entails.

Works great on the remaining 4ohm voice coil. I've been using it as-is in a 13 cu.ft. vented enclosure for the last couple of months and it shakes the walls pretty good. I've been powering it with a single 800 watt (?) channel from my EP2500 amp.

Great deal for someone with better soldering skills than I have. Or forget about the 2nd voicecoil (like I did) and just use it as-is.

$85 + actual shipping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.