• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

12" LEAK SANDWICH ALNICO SPEAKERS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have for sale a very nice pair of LEAK SANDWICH drivers with Alnico magnets.

Been saving them for awhile now , but maybe someone else can use them.

$45 for the pair + shipping from 11782 NY

Attachments

• Leakwoofers001.jpg
    Leakwoofers001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 181
I'm searching, but can't come up with any parameters for them. Any idea of the efficiency, frequency range, QTS? Thanx.

I've heard the Fs quoted as 19Hz, and I'm betting that's close, due to the very loose suspension, which probably has a Qms somewhere in the 7 range, though it may have some age-induced variance. Assuming the AlNiCo hasn't gotten De-magged, I'd expect a low Qes and hence Qts. They say that the sealed box Leak used gave it a 58Hz resonance, and they weren't known as bass monsters, so I'm assuming something like a .2 Qts and an overdamped bass alignment (.6 Qtc or so). They'd probably be very fine horn drivers. I believe they had a breakup starting somewhere around 900Hz.

That's all guessing- I'm staring at these as well but just can't justify buying more woofers at the moment. That could change any time, as my dorky self is lacking in woofer-resistance fortitude.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.