BG Neo3 PDR ribbons... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2003, 01:26 PM   #11
CV is offline CV
diyAudio Member

Default CAPSLOCK - Neo3 PDR-i

Hey Eric,

Can't remember; I doubt it to be honest, but I will check for you.

What's the deal with the i suffix? "i" as in "improved"?

Best,
Chris
Old 26th July 2003, 11:14 AM   #12
CV is offline CV
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
Is it the i-Version, i.e. does the label read "Neo3-PDR-i"?

Regards,

Eric

Hi Eric,
I checked; sadly/fortunately (?) they are not the i-version.

Best,
Chris
Old 26th July 2003, 06:33 PM   #13
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
What's the deal with the i suffix? "i" as in "improved"?
Could it be the the "i" stands for "inwall"?

Cheers,
Old 28th July 2003, 10:59 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

i is indeed improved. Apparently, they have slightly thicker magnets. PE is still selling off the old stuff. In fact, the only outlet I know of that sells the new version is Proraum in Germany.

Regards,

Eric
Old 29th July 2003, 10:16 AM   #15
CV is offline CV
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i is indeed improved. Apparently, they have slightly thicker magnets. PE is still selling off the old stuff. In fact, the only outlet I know of that sells the new version is Proraum in Germany.

Regards,

Eric

Interesting - would be curious to see what the new curves look like. I see on Proraum's site that they claim that the "i" stands for improved... whilst the new transducers may well be, I'll bet that's not what BG think it stands for :-)

Anyway, they want Eu79 each, if any Line Array fans are interested in purchasing the lot, I'd be happy to let them go for less than a third of that (each of course...)

cheers
cv
Old 29th July 2003, 10:38 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

The designer of the Neos confirmed better performance. There were magazine reviews of both the FP and raw versions in the German magazines HobbyHifi and Klang und Ton. I have scans if anybody is interested.

Why would anyone want to use the Neo3 for a line array? Top end extension of the Neo8 is ok in a line array configuration, and it is cheaper and goes lower.

Regards,

Eric
Old 29th July 2003, 10:52 AM   #17
CV is offline CV
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The designer of the Neos confirmed better performance. There were magazine reviews of both the FP and raw versions in the German magazines HobbyHifi and Klang und Ton. I have scans if anybody is interested.

Why would anyone want to use the Neo3 for a line array? Top end extension of the Neo8 is ok in a line array configuration, and it is cheaper and goes lower.

Regards,

Eric

You said it yourself, the top end of the neo8 is "ok" in a line array - but the Neo3s is more extended. Superb reproduction of brushed cymbals etc. I've seen plots of Neo8s in a line array which are down around 12db at 20kHz - not for me.

The other rationale behind using the Neo3s is that one could connect them in series and get around 80-100 ohms impedance which would be nice for a custom OTL amp (that's what I had planned originally).

But I agree with you that if you need to crossover *low*, the Neo8s are a better bet.
Old 1st August 2003, 08:20 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default bank transfer

Hi CV,

the UK is a European Union member, even if one might not think so these days when reading the news. The European Commission has forced banks to charge their customers the same rate as for domestic transfers, provided the volume is below 12500 , IBAN (international bank account number) and BIC (bank identification code) are used, and the costs are in SHARE mode, i.e. sender bears outgoing charges and receiver bears incoming charges.

For my bank account, as I didn't have to pay for outgoing and incoming domestic transfers before this rule was introduced, the same is now true for EU transfers. I don't know what the customary rate in the UK is, but it should no be more than a few pence.

So if you can find out your account's IBAN and BIC, this might be an easy way to deal with payment.

So, back to your Neos: when and where did you get them (or what are the serial numbers)? I have a pair purchased from Parts Express last summer, and they were pretty sloppy workmanship (magnets not aligned with the holes in the case, superglue spilled all over the magnets and partially over the case). When I brought another pair from my visit this spring, workmanship was much better, but it was still the non-i version.

I might be interested in 1-3 pairs, depending on price and condition of the parts. Why don't you email me (preferably to eva "at" zeiss "dot" de) how much you'd ask including shipping? Where are you going on holidays this summer? This might be a way to even avoid international shipping.

Regards,

Eric
Old 7th November 2003, 09:09 PM   #19
Fuling is offline Fuling  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I guess Im a bit late ( ), but do you by any chance have a pair left to sell??

/Daniel
Old 10th November 2003, 10:36 AM   #20
CV is offline CV
diyAudio Member

Plenty available if anyone else is interested...

cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!