Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2011, 04:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone interested in one Coral beta 8? What is it worth 600>?

Hey I have one that I have had and used for years. Always hoped I would find another as cheaply as I found this one. Never did. Best driver I have ever owned. That includes my phy km30. It's puts them to shame really for dynamics. I would call it fair to good condition. Working condition is exellent. Its just a little dirty. I was thinking about listing on ebay if anyone was interested. And of course if i could get enough. I think anything under 600 I think I would rather keep it and use it. Does that sound totally greedy 600? Whats a good pair worth these days. I have seen a pair maybe 12 months ago on ebay that where suspect and not good condtion sell for 1200. kw website has a true mint allmost new pair for 1200 but I dont think that site is updated or for real. I think I would buy that pair if they really existed. anyway just a though. Need the money to buy more speakers and horns. I was going to sell my km30's but I just cant do it. Even if they are worth way more then I can afford. For eg if they broke. I couldnt afford to recone them. I get anxious every time I think about them. Waiting a wasp to nest on them.Or go rusty. Thats just not fun at all. Thus one of the reason Iam buying compression drivers atm. Thos suckers are for life!.No bug is going to eat them.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:39 PM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

A single is typically worth 1/4 to 1/3 the price of a pair.

dave
Old 19th January 2011, 01:29 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yea and I just saw pass in for 600 So I will keep it.Times are Hard I wanted to buy them so bad myself. I should find another single if I look hard enough.
Old 19th January 2011, 04:17 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

You might want to check with the guy that runs the Diyparadise.com website....as I recall he may have had a single for sale at one time....
Jeff
Old 19th January 2011, 05:01 PM   #5
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

Never heard of someone going for compression drivers because of fear that cone drivers might be eaten by wasps!

Funny!
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:11 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

No eaten. I live in the tropics where they come in and lay mud nests on your speakers cones. I have lost many speakers. If you thats funny .Your the nasty little creature.And thank you Jmillerdoc I will check him out.
Old 4th October 2011, 08:33 AM   #7
Treble is offline Treble  Australia
diyAudio Member

I have a pair of Japanese made Coral Beta-8 full range speakers.
They are in absolute perfect condition. They still have the vinyl magnet covers that state "even when removing the cover quality will not change". Each speaker has the little draw string mesh covers that came new with the speakers.
I might even be able to locate the original papers that came with them but their box has long gone.
I was building boxes for these as per the plans that came with the speakers but only ever built the one. The sound was AMAZING !!! But I got married and never got around to doing anything more.
So one speaker has had approx 1 months use in about 1989. Since then they have been stored.
I was going to put them up for sale on eBay but if someone here is still after a pair then pm me with an offer and if the price is right I will be more than happy to see them used by someone who will appreciate them otherwise I will be putting them up on eBay.
Cheers
Trev
Old 14th October 2011, 12:51 AM   #8
Treble is offline Treble  Australia
diyAudio Member

Sorry guys the speakers have been given away.
Cheers
Trev

Hide this!Advertise here!