• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Anyone interested in one Coral beta 8? What is it worth 600>?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey I have one that I have had and used for years. Always hoped I would find another as cheaply as I found this one. Never did. Best driver I have ever owned. That includes my phy km30. It's puts them to shame really for dynamics. I would call it fair to good condition. Working condition is exellent. Its just a little dirty. I was thinking about listing on ebay if anyone was interested. And of course if i could get enough. I think anything under 600 I think I would rather keep it and use it. Does that sound totally greedy 600? Whats a good pair worth these days. I have seen a pair maybe 12 months ago on ebay that where suspect and not good condtion sell for 1200. kw website has a true mint allmost new pair for 1200 but I dont think that site is updated or for real. I think I would buy that pair if they really existed. anyway just a though. Need the money to buy more speakers and horns. I was going to sell my km30's but I just cant do it. Even if they are worth way more then I can afford. For eg if they broke. I couldnt afford to recone them. I get anxious every time I think about them. Waiting a wasp to nest on them.Or go rusty. Thats just not fun at all. Thus one of the reason Iam buying compression drivers atm. Thos suckers are for life!.No bug is going to eat them.

I have a pair of Japanese made Coral Beta-8 full range speakers.
They are in absolute perfect condition. They still have the vinyl magnet covers that state "even when removing the cover quality will not change". Each speaker has the little draw string mesh covers that came new with the speakers.
I might even be able to locate the original papers that came with them but their box has long gone.
I was building boxes for these as per the plans that came with the speakers but only ever built the one. The sound was AMAZING !!! But I got married and never got around to doing anything more.
So one speaker has had approx 1 months use in about 1989. Since then they have been stored.
I was going to put them up for sale on eBay but if someone here is still after a pair then pm me with an offer and if the price is right I will be more than happy to see them used by someone who will appreciate them otherwise I will be putting them up on eBay.
Cheers
Trev

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.