• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DAC output transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi, I have 2 PCB's for sale that each have 2 x Neutrik NTL-1 transformers on them. These are excellent for "symmetrical output" DAC chips like WM8740/41 and CS4397 and convert symmetrical to asymmetrical. I listened to both of the boards for quit esome time and they are better than the best opamp.

However, my new DAC (that replaces 2 other DACs) unfortunately is not suitable for transformer use. So I will sell both PCB's. I will add pictures later. The PCB can be connected to the DAC board and the output RCA plugs with Phoenix connectors.

They have the possibiity to use filter components like the datasheet of NTL-1 says but I found them to sound the best with a minimum of external parts. I left the series resistors so that the transformers won't get full DC at power up of the DAC just to avoid magnetization.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
It measures 4,5 x 6,5 cm. There are extra pads for connecting the middle tap of the primary side of the transformers to GND ( I would advice not to do so) and to separate or couple GND of both outputs to each other etc. PCB material is standard 70 um quality with tinned tracks. After experimenting with RC filters at the primary side I used them like on the picture as that sounded the best.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.