• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

C&M Laboratories Amp-35D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a C&M Laboratories amp that I use in my workshop. I don't really want to get rid of it, but if I get the right amount of $ I'll sell it.
What is it worth to someone? I know these are very very very rare, but very high quality.
Supposedly 35RMS per channel
Has a switch for 4 to 8 ohm and 8 to 16
Serial Tag intact

100% working condition, i use an ipod to power two tiny speakers with this in my workshop, so I don't abuse the amp.

It is sitting in my workshop, so it could use some cleaning. Very very very light surface rust on some of the metal, it can easily be sanded right off with light sandpaper. Pics will show what I mean..
Email me if you're interested, i accept paypal. I know I'm a new member on here, but have been on car forums for years and sold thousands of $ of car parts...on honda-tech.com, s2ki.com, vetteforums.com...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

CM Labs amps

Worked on these in the 70s. They were of a rather unique design. The output stages were quasi complementary but the emitter resistors were typically 7 ohms. Yes 7.0 ohms and they used a much higher supply rail than one would expect for a particular powered amplifier. They also used single supply with the usual large value electrolytic capacitor in the output.

These amplifiers had very high very short duration peak power but due to the 7 ohm emitter resistors they were biased quite hard.

Steve Mantz
Zed Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.