• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: High-end drivers + caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For Sale:

I would initially like to sell the following units as a single total group rather than individual pairs. As such I haven't included individual pair pricing.

Tweeters:

1 pr. Audax HD3P (gold, elliptical gas piezo tweeters)
1 pr. Scanspeak D2904/980000
1 pr. Vifa D27TG-29-04

Mids:

1 pr. Audax HM130Z
1 pr. Audax HM130X
1 pr. Audax HM130GO
1 pr. Audax HM130ZO

Mid-woofer:

1 pr. Audax HM170ZO

Woofers:

1 pr. Audax HM210ZO
1 pr. Scanspeak 25W/8565-00

Capacitors (All are ICW Clarity Caps and in pairs):

SA Range:

SA50uJ630Vdc
SA35uJ630Vdc
SA20uJ630Vdc
SA8uJ630Vdc
SA6uJ630Vdc
SA4u7J630Vdc

PX Range:

PX100uJ250Vdc
PX70uJ250Vdc
PX50uJ250Vdc
PX40uJ250Vdc
PX35uJ250Vdc
PX20uJ250Vdc
PX8uJ250Vdc
PX5uJ250Vdc
PX5u5J250Vdc
PX4u7J250Vdc
PX3uJ250Vdc
PX3u9J250Vdc
PX1uJ250Vdc

PW Range:

PW100uJ160Vdc
PW50uK160Vdc
PW35uJ160Vdc
PW20uJ160Vdc
PW6u8J160Vdc
PW5u5J160Vdc
PW4u7J160Vdc
PW3u3J160Vdc
PW1uJ400Vdc

All items are new/never been used, and would retail for well over $2,000.00.

I am asking $1,250.00 plus shipping for all items. Email if interested.

Sincerely,
Andrew Rigby

This is not a spam. (Geez, the immediate cynicism that one sees on the internet is incredible.)

I am the former Director of Marketing & Sales for a now defunct high-end loudspeaker manufacturer, and I had acquired these drivers initially for a personal/possible new company project that I was going to undertake after I had left the company that unfortunately never materialized. They are just taking up space in my home office, and my wife has ordered me to finally get rid of all my excess audio stuff that is not in use. Therefore, these drivers have been put up for sale. (In fact, this is the only forum/place which I have listed these drivers for sale, so hardly a spam.)

As stated, these as all new/never been used units in their original packaging (except for the 1 pr. of Vifa tweeters).

I know that I would have better luck with selling these units as individual pairs, but it would be easier to just ship everything once to one party.

Sincerely,
Andrew Rigby

planet10 said:

May we ask who?

dave

I believe that Andrew was with Dunlavy Audio

;)

A real shame about Dunlavy. For years I tried to hear a pair at a local dealer, but they never had any in stock! Although they were a Dunlavy dealer (Toronto Canada) they claimed that nobody wanted to pay so much money for such a big box that didn't go down very deep. Well, I guess I'll never hear a pair now. (I did hear that John was going to start up again, but nothing beyond that).

Cheers,
RonS

p.s. Andrew, I'd buy them if I could afford them. But then it would be MY wife making me sell them :cannotbe:

It was indeed Dunlavy Audio Labs.

I initially wanted to used several of these drivers in a "special edition" DAL design as the HDA cones were quite promising, as well as the very cool HD3P tweeter (which is currently used with superb results in the higher end Meadowlark Audio loudspeakers such as the Blue Heron and Nightengale). After I left the company, I was looking at the possibility of incorporating these units in several loudspeaker designs that I had floating around in my head for a while (either for a personal use project, where I had planned out for a monster five-way desinor even as a new company project based on some of the customizations that I was doing with several of the DAL loudspeakers that were being used in professional applications - high end mastering studios primarily).

Anyway, as I stated, the project(s) never materialized, and they have unfortunately just been sitting in their original boxes in my home office.

I put the units for sale on this forum specifically as I wanted to allow the hardcore DIY enthusiasts the chance at them first. (I've always enjoyed talking with, giving advice to, and learning from the DIY'ers. Many of them are substantially more qualified and talented in building audio gear than some people who are actually doing it professionally.)

While the number of drivers and cost may be somewhat prohibitive to an individual, if you got a buddy or two interested in building speakers, or an audio club, this would be a good way to get some really kick *** drivers for cheap. One could easily get a very high-end four way, three way, and two way design out of this lot with a couple pair of drivers to spare. (I wanted to initially avoid selling and shipping these drivers and parts individually for logistical reasons primarily.)

Sincerely,
Andrew Rigby

AWRigby said:
It was indeed Dunlavy Audio Labs.

I initially wanted to used several of these drivers in a "special edition" DAL design as the HDA cones were quite promising, as well as the very cool HD3P tweeter (which is currently used with superb results in the higher end Meadowlark Audio loudspeakers such as the Blue Heron and Nightengale). After I left the company, I was looking at the possibility of incorporating these units in several loudspeaker designs that I had floating around in my head for a while (either for a personal use project, where I had planned out for a monster five-way desinor even as a new company project based on some of the customizations that I was doing with several of the DAL loudspeakers that were being used in professional applications - high end mastering studios primarily).

Anyway, as I stated, the project(s) never materialized, and they have unfortunately just been sitting in their original boxes in my home office.

I put the units for sale on this forum specifically as I wanted to allow the hardcore DIY enthusiasts the chance at them first. (I've always enjoyed talking with, giving advice to, and learning from the DIY'ers. Many of them are substantially more qualified and talented in building audio gear than some people who are actually doing it professionally.)

While the number of drivers and cost may be somewhat prohibitive to an individual, if you got a buddy or two interested in building speakers, or an audio club, this would be a good way to get some really kick *** drivers for cheap. One could easily get a very high-end four way, three way, and two way design out of this lot with a couple pair of drivers to spare. (I wanted to initially avoid selling and shipping these drivers and parts individually for logistical reasons primarily.)

Sincerely,
Andrew Rigby

Andrew, do you still have the gas piezo tweeter for sale?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Andrew,
I think the MetalWorks in Mississauga (Ontario, Canada) still has their Dunlavy's. I heard them when they first were on trial in the CD mastering suite. I believe the surrounds all let go, they are trying to re-attach them.

At least the VC's weren't burned out. I gave them a large Carver TFM-75 to try them on. :devilr:

-Chris

Shame about Dunlavy folding. I have 3 pairs of dunlavys (lounge + home theater) as when I was looking for speakers a couple of years back auditioning many different designs the coherency of the dunlavy design IMO beat everything else. The SC-IVA in particular is a favourite as it produces a wall of sound and excellent bass, great for my home theater.

Andrew,
Are the speakers you have intended for modding the SC-IVA? I'm wondering if I should purchase a couple in case the drivers on my speakers fail.

Regards,
Dean

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.