FS:DCX2496 + 6 channel integrated amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2011, 02:45 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS:DCX2496 + 6 channel integrated amp

I have a basically turn-key setup including a stock DCX2496 and what is basically a 6-channel integrated amp.

The amp is actually a Cambridge 540Rv2 receiver, but the DSP board was fried by a guest who thought it would be cool to pour a vodka/tonic down the back of the equipment rack. This led to the discovery that the 6.1 analog inputs on the Cambridge are actually handled purely in the analog domain, with volume controlled by a chip similar in principle to the PGA2310 family (it's an oem chip though). The 540R includes 6 channels of amplification, but also includes pre-outs after the volume control for use with external amps. It also includes a volume controlled LFE input if you want to run a sub along with a full 3 way. (I have a Behringer CX2310 that could be used to create the summed mono sub channel I could throw in for a bit extra)

The remote even works!

Included are enough cables to get you running with digital in. The digital cable is a bit Rube Goldberg, but includes a Canare bnc-xlr digital xformer and a decent rca->bnc cable. I stupidly bought the wrong gender on the xformer so there is also a gender changer, but it works great in my testing - way better than a simple rca->xlr cable.
For output there is a long-ish set of xlr->rca cables, plus a pair of simple xlr->rca adapters that you can plug a standard set of interconnects into.

All in all this is a really good setup. The Cambridge is a really decent sounding unit, and the remote functionality makes this much more convenient. I'm selling only because my PC based dsp system is finally fairly mature and I picked up an MSB MVC for volume control.

Asking $350 plus shipping from 80207. I believe I have the original box for the Cambridge, but it'll be double-boxed inside another layer. This has to go UPS/Fedex - it's too big for usps - so no international shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcx_1_sm.JPG (19.0 KB, 260 views)
Old 7th January 2011, 04:48 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I need a second dcx, already using an HK receiver for the preamp duties, I suspect many of us would only want the dcx. Would you sell it separately? If so, please pm me w/price. thanks.
Old 7th January 2011, 06:27 PM   #3
jackies is offline jackies  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah well, that seems like a reasonable deal. If you sell the dcx separately, I might be interested in the receiver. PM me too...
Old 8th January 2011, 06:19 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hey - sorry for the slow followup.

Since it appears that there is interest in each piece separately, I'll consider separating as long as it works out.

I'll pm individually to work things out.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:20 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Well, if Pumpkin1 and Jackies change their mind, would you include me as being interested by the DCX? I already have a CX3400 but I run two systems in parallel ;-)
Old 11th January 2011, 04:56 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I believe pumpkin1 is confirmed on the DCX by itself - just waiting to hear back.

jackie is still deciding on the Cambridge. If he decides not to take it, it'll be available on it's own.

Hide this!Advertise here!