• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Intact Audio (Slagle-former) Autoformer Volume Controls (AVC)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale is a standard pair of the Intact Audio Autoformer Volume Controls. Comes with a switch. These have been stacked for full inductance, but I'll restack differently if you like.

More info here.

$160 shipped in the U.S. (no PayPal fees).

Attachments

• slagle.jpg
    slagle.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 822
would you happen to know the inductance, bandwidth, and current rating of these?

The lams can be restacked in different patterns. This changes the inductance -- while the higher the inductance, the lower the fidelity, this is relative, they work and sound great at all levels.

Anyway, cores are 80% permalloy (nickel) and butt stacked are ~20H (impedance=2K5 @ 20Hz, and over 100K at 1KHz) and fully interleaved are ~170H (over 20K at 20Hz and over 1M at 1KHz).

Frequency response on the low end depends on how they are stacked, and is over 200K on the high end.

Current rating is ~0. If your offset is much more than a few minivolts, you'll need a DC blocking cap.

Some details: intact audio

Last edited:
To the person who just PM'd me about these: DIY Audio will not let me send you a PM for some reason - says you have chosen to not receive PMs. Please send an email to my diyaudio username at ecp.cc

But, short answer: I can ship to Australia. Shipping would be up to you. USPS is the cheapest and would cost between $10 and $20. Your risk of loss due to no tracking. UPS or FedEx can be insured and tracked, but it is a lot more expensive. Also, actual sale value will be written on the package for customs.

-d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.