FS:Buffalo DAC II with tube output stage - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st January 2011, 07:03 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS:Buffalo DAC II with tube output stage

Hi all,
I might be forced to sell my beloved DAC which is built using the 80Mhz Buffalo II board plus a full set of Paul Hynes regulators. PH regs were a truly serious upgrade and were worth the wait of almost two months to build.
The I/V stage is built around two 1689 PP transformers and 5687 tubes, PRP resistors and Black gate N series Capacitors. It has SE and balanced outputs, input is BNC and parts are carefully arranged in a HIFI2000 all aluminum box, cabling is all Kimber cable and everything is optimised thoroughly-wenge natural wood under critical parts, delrin stands for the teflon tubes sockets - this was the build of my life. Total cost of parts only is more than 1500USD, not to mention the money spent on the work on the DAC( assembly and fine tuning was done by a professional). So I am looking for something like 1250USD plus shipping, I will take care of the Paypal fees. I do understand how much that is, I will just mention that after hearing that BII I sold my Audio Synthesis DAX-2 and Exemplar 3910. And it plays 24/192... For any questions just send a PM or an email. I will probably upload some pictures of the front and back soon.

Happy New Year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BuffaloPHr.JPG (655.1 KB, 684 views)
Old 8th February 2011, 06:08 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Plans have changed and I am offering just the Buffalo II board with the complete set of the Paul Hynes regulators(6 pcs)installed. Price is 650USD incuding shipping worldwide. Just to make it clear that includes the Buffalo II baord with the boards on it, the Placid used as a prepre regulator and the transformer(220V though), also the Volumite digital volume control. This is almost as much as this has cost me and I don't want to be greedy, I just need the money, you will get a fully functional and tuned set of boards, assembled and tested by a proffessional electronic engineer, not to mention avoiding the 2-3 months wait for either the Buffalo II or the Paul Hynes regs. And the PH stuff really made the biggest difference. Thanks for looking.
Old 12th February 2011, 07:08 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Now sold, thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!