• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Vacuum Tube Monoblock Power Amp Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Backstory: I used to work with a well known designer of tube recording gear. He gave me this schematic, and I was helping another friend build them. That was 5 years ago, and this kit is still sitting in box in my garage. It is almost done, I'd estimate it would probably take me about 10 hours to finish (I've built a few of them). Anyway, the friend seams to have abandoned it, so I'm putting it up for sale.

I've attached the schematic for people to check out (and you may be able to figure out who designed it). Each monoblock uses two 6BM8 tubes and a Hammond 1608 output transformer. In all, each channel is rated at 12W, but my pair worked out to closer to 8Wpc.

The parts were probably about $350 total. I'd like $275 plus S/H, and the kit includes everything you'd need to finish them. I'm open to finishing it for someone, if they'd like to pay me. I still have my pair, and like them a lot. Contact me at peglegpatrick AATTT gmailDOTTTcom - I will eventually forget to check this thread...

Attachments

• mmouse.jpg
    mmouse.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • MMouseSch.jpg
    MMouseSch.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,077
Other than being UL the output stage appears to be biased very similar to the K502 kit which sounds very nice. It uses 10BM8 tubes which I understand are essentially the same except for the filament voltage. This is a great deal considering they want $190 for that kit and it only comes with a board to mount on and isn't mono block either. If I didn't already have four different amps in the works right now I would buy this in a heartbeat.
Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.