• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Monstor Toroid Power Transformers - Class A Amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was given these by a generous 'paternal' benefactor who frequents this board. These were once destined to be used in high-wattage class A amps. Now I know why he gave them away! They've been sitting in my garage for about three years now?

Here are the specs (all AC voltages - final rectified DC will be higher by ~1.4x):

45v-0-45V (so 90Vct) at 1900VA.
-I have two of these, and they weigh about 43lbs each!

40V-30V-0-30V-40V (60Vct or 80Vct) at 1200VA
-This bad boy weighs about 35lbs.

54V-0-54V (108Vct) at 1500VA
-Also about 35lbs.

It looks like they can be wired for 110V or 220V. I'm not sure I've calculated the VA numbers right - each half of the secondary is rated at half the VA, so I doubled it for both halves. Don't know if that is how it is done.

I used one of these for a big, 6 channel amp. It is a pain to move around now! I think the 30-0-30 unit could maybe be used for a massive GainClone PSU. It is just slightly too high in voltage, but would probably work fine. I might keep it for that, we'll see...

Anyway, I'm going to ask $15 a piece. I'd really like to see them used. I'm located on the westside of Los Angeles. The two smaller ones fit inside a flat rate USPS package, but the two bigger ones, I don't know if they can reasonable be shipped. The best way to contact me is email: peglegpatrick AATTT gmailDOTTcom

Attachments

• HugeTRX.jpg
    HugeTRX.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 432
cuibono,

"Monster" doesn't do it justice...IT'S GINORMOUS! :eek:

The torroid arrived. Goodness gracious, the ladies at the post office were speculating "what is in here?" Someone told them it was my paycheck...

Your generosity has been repeated: I just sent a torroid to one of the budding enthusiasts on this forum, N/C.

Thanks for all...

...IT'S GINORMOUS!...

Ha, thats cool. The guy at the post office asked if it was lead when I dropped it off. Poor guys, it was the busiest day of the year for them too.

I tried to give them away on craigslist, but I stipulated that the recipient had to give me an idea what they were going to do with them - lots of people wrote, but no one had even the remotest idea what to do with them.

Then I took one to a scrap yard, and they said they'd give me $4 for each one. That seemed like a waste, and I'm glad they got into good hands! I didn't think they would.

ZM...:Pinoc: :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.