• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Major Caps Upgrade for Linkwitz Pluto Loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently rebuilt my Pluto speakers from v1 to v2.1. I don't use them much anymore (I'm an open baffle convert), so I decided to put up this ad. After having my Pluto's for a while, I decided to do a major capacitor upgrade - basically, anything that I could find the equivalent of, I replaced with Auricap Film capacitors, or Black Gate Electrolytic capacitors. These are some of the most high-end capacitors out there. In all, it is 96 capacitors for both channels, and replaces about 95% of the capacitors on the board. Although it was a pain to do, and somewhat expensive, I thought it was well worth it. Since then I've probably put a couple hundred hours on them, at least.

Here is a list of the capacitors and quantity:
Auricap Film Caps:
24 pieces of .01uF/600V
22 pieces of .033uF/600V
6 pieces of .33uF/450V
2 pieces of .047uF/600V
Black Gate Caps:
24 pieces of .01uF/50V NX type
2 pieces of 1uF/50V N type
4 pieces of 10uF/50V
4 pieces of 33uF/50V STD type
4 pieces of 470uF/50V STD type
Multicap Capacitors:
2 pieces of .0027uF/600V
2 pieces of .0068uF/600V

I've taken pictures of all the caps, which can be viewed here: ImageShack Album - 11 images. Here are a couple of samples:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I spent about $550 on these caps. Since then the price of Auricaps has gone up considerable, and Black Gates have become 'unobtainium'. I'm asking $450 plus S/H for the set, which is considerably less than what they would cost individually. I will start selling them individually at some point.

I'm located in Los Angeles. The best way to get a hold of me is through me email: peglegpatrick AATTT gmail DOTTT com. If you'd like to bring your Plutos up to 2.1, these caps are still a good option - the difference is only a few caps, and I can help you figure out what you need.

Thanks for looking!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.