• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Adire Audio speaker system with sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’ve caught the upgrade bug again and I’m looking to sell my entire diy Adire Audio speaker system. It is composed of:

• 2 Kit281 towers for the front w/carpet spikes (rear ported)
• 2 Kit81 bookshelfs for the rear w/custom built stands and carpet spikes.
• 1 85L ported Shiva, 250W powered subwoofer w/carpet spikes.

I also have a cabinet that I built for a Kit81C center channel but could never afford to order the crossover and drivers. If a buyer was so inclined they could order the kit from Adire’s website and I would be happy to finish building the speaker for them.

I spent many months building this system and finished the speakers in cherry veneer with polyurethane. I designed and built the stands with internal wire channels, and they’re each filled with a good amount of solid concrete; I would guess around 35 lbs. each.
The subwoofer is a custom down-firing design based on Adire’s recommended 85L ‘Adire Alignment.’ The base is easily detachable for access to the driver or for transport.
For the main tower speakers I moved the port to the rear for the sake of aesthetics with no affect on sound quality.
The speakers are in great shape (I’ve had them up and running for close to 7 months) and have reasonably high WAF with or without the grills in place. The system sounds excellent with home theater and quite good with music as well. The imaging of the Kit281’s is so good that I never felt the need to finish the center channel, though with more than 2 viewers you might want to for off axis listening. The Kit281’s are 4 ohm speakers which many receivers can handle but check to make sure yours is included. They are very neutral and revealing speakers and will give you out what you put in. For more reviews of the speakers I suggest searching at hometheatertalk.com; there are many owners who frequent there.
I have many pictures of the speakers on my website at http://students.washington.edu/gw2001/speaker1.htm

It cost me $1400 to build the complete system; I’m asking $1500 so I can say I turned a profit. Most agree they are worth a good deal more. This includes the finished center channel cabinet but not the drivers/crossover (available from Adire Audio for $179.)
I would prefer to sell them as a complete system and to sell locally if possible. Shipping would be heavy; the mains weigh around 75 pounds each and the subwoofer is ~ 100 lbs. It might be possible though if the buyer is so inclined.
It is also possible I could sell the components individually but my ultimate goal is to afford a pair of NorthCreek Rhythm kits.
With the sale of the complete system I will also include my SoundKing oxygen free copper speaker cables with Dayton Banana Plug terminations for the four speakers if so desired.
Thanks for looking,

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.