• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Magnavox CDB650 and Philips CDB630, 1541 based players

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Magnavox is bone stock. I don't have the remote. These are a little fancier than some of the cheaper Magnavox/Philips units, and I think it sounds better. I especially like how you can see the laser glow through the drawer front! I've watched them bring $90-150 lately on Ebay. This one may be there soon (tomorrow?), but I figured I'd give you folks a shot at it for $80.

The Philips 630 was the subject of a couple threads here. I NOS'd it, and in the process, busted the laser focus pot. I installed a replacement, but I can't seem to get it set quite right. So, it skips on a couple of my CDs. It is a really nice sounding player, and if you either have the alignment disc or the patience to get the pot adjusted right, it will be perfect. Or, maybe you can tolerate listening to only 95% of your CD's! Either way, I'm ready to get this out of my basement. $10. This one was used very little by its previous (first) owner. The tray gear alone should be worth the asking price. Or, if you buy the Magnavox, you can have this one free.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

The Magnavox is bone stock. I don't have the remote. These are a little fancier than some of the cheaper Magnavox/Philips units, and I think it sounds better. I especially like how you can see the laser glow through the drawer front! I've watched them bring $90-150 lately on Ebay. This one may be there soon (tomorrow?), but I figured I'd give you folks a shot at it for $80.

The Philips 630 was the subject of a couple threads here. I NOS'd it, and in the process, busted the laser focus pot. I installed a replacement, but I can't seem to get it set quite right. So, it skips on a couple of my CDs. It is a really nice sounding player, and if you either have the alignment disc or the patience to get the pot adjusted right, it will be perfect. Or, maybe you can tolerate listening to only 95% of your CD's! Either way, I'm ready to get this out of my basement. $10. This one was used very little by its previous (first) owner. The tray gear alone should be worth the asking price. Or, if you buy the Magnavox, you can have this one free.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

I am very interested on getting these.
Let me know the USPS shipping to Canada H4L1A7.
Your pm box is full.
Thank you.
Sam.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.