• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Peter Daniel NOS DAC Premium Assembled

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The unit has the blackgate capacitors, cardas RCA jacks, BNC SPDIF in. The blackgate N type (non-polar) are reversed for better sound via Peter's suggestion. This unit is mounted on an untreated maple board. 12GA power cable with IEC female from ebay (looks like and has module number of one of the Oyaide IEC female) and Hubble male plug (free). $220 (and shipping)

Blue Jeans audio 6ft Belden 1694A Digital Audio Cable, Red, RCA to BNC $8
(I chose 6ft because I have read about how under that gives feedback and more jitter)

Will consider trade for right amplifier like Class D SDS kit (used is fine if working) or modified Sony XDRF1HD.

Payment: Check works best, will consider paypal with surcharge if you are not ok with receiving item prior to sending check.

Yeah, with the Hammond transformer, Cardas RCA, and blackgates - which are no longer available - it cost a lot more than I am asking. Plus $25 of IEC/AC plugs.

Also if you ever built your own I can tell you that if you did not reverse the N type capacitor polarity you are missing out a little bit. Next I will tell you it is not easy to reverse this mistake. Luckily I did it for you!

P.S. two of the primary output resistors are Riken's which I think are no longer available and did not come with the last DAC I made for my Grandpa.

At the bottom of this page is what the DAC looks like except mine has the gold board, and one capacitor is mounted underneath due to pesky small holes. Mine is mounted to a 6 x 10 piece of untreated maple. I mounted it to wood because the vibrations from wood supposedly sound better than metal.

It can be switched to 220v if you rewire the AC side of the transformer (pretty easy).

Details:

Power: Hammond transformer > MUR860 Diodes > Panasonic CMC > 1000uf BlackGate STD

DAC: 1543 NOS supported by a mixture of Blackgate N capacitors, 4.7uf outputs, couple Riken resisters and a bunch of Vishay/Dale components.

A few words on an earlier and more current version.

6moons audio reviews: AudioZone DAC Follow-Up

6moons audio reviews: Audio Zone System

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.