• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Chassi kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some time over the next month to do some machining, and would like to start offering chassi kits for those of you that lack machining tools. Right now, I would like to stick to chassis that use the Conrad MF151 heatsinks that I have sold in the past, so I can help out any that have yet to make an amplifier out of them. I will continue to sell pairs of heatsinks including the mounting hardware for $135 if any are still interested.

As for the flat packs, many options are available. I decided on 1/8" perforated aluminum because it offers excellent ventilation and also looks quite nice. It is used on both the top and bottom. For the front and back, I used 3/16" aluminum. The mounting holes on both the front and back are recessed into the plates for a more streamlined look. The holes for the input, fuse, iec, switches, and indicators are up to you. Just let me know the dimensions and rough placement and I can send you a PDF of how it will look.

Flat packs will be $100, which includes the top, bottom, front and back with all machining done. For an extra $30, the front panel can be upgraded to a 1/2" thick piece of aluminum.

Lead time right now is a few days, most of the time has been spent working with people to get the right hole placement and dimensions. Feel free to email me if you are interested.

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,327
  • IMG_4832.JPG
    IMG_4832.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,280
  • IMG_4837.JPG
    IMG_4837.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,261
Wow, nice chassis...I an in for the one in pic... Just exactly as you have it - front and back. This looks to be a 4U? Any Idea how much heat it can dissipate?

I am in Plainfield Il 60585. If price is correct ($135 or $100?) I would be in for two...maybe more...

The chassis are 17.25" wide and just over 6" high. As to how much heat it can dissipate, I'm not entirely certain. You can see the specs for the MF35-151.5 on their webpage:

Conrad Heatsinks - Products

I know people have used these for F5 builds with no problems, the increased airflow from the perforated sheets should also help to keep things cool. The price for JUST the heatsinks and mounting hardware is $135. The flat packs, which include the top, bottom, front and back would be another $100.

Chris,

I'd like to speak with you about my flatpack order. Can you contact me?

The chassis are 17.25" wide and just over 6" high. As to how much heat it can dissipate, I'm not entirely certain. You can see the specs for the MF35-151.5 on their webpage:

Conrad Heatsinks - Products

I know people have used these for F5 builds with no problems, the increased airflow from the perforated sheets should also help to keep things cool. The price for JUST the heatsinks and mounting hardware is $135. The flat packs, which include the top, bottom, front and back would be another $100.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.