• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted: Broken Celestion tweeters, specifically HF2000/HF2001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently successfully repaired a celestion HF2001 and am interested in pulling the same trick again.

I'm willing to offer a £5 + p&p for broken tweeters, while in theory I'd be willing to repair tweeters for others I don't want to do so until I've done a few and they've been thoroughly tested so for now I'd just like to accumulate a few and see if this is a reliably repeatable repair.

My method basically involves me re winding the thing by hand with 40awg wire, cleaning up the old adhesive/double sided tape and putting it back together as close as I can manage to how it was originally.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.