• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CSS EL 70 pr for sale. $70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
am spoiled by the big sound of my Silver Iris.

The big sound can be appealing to some, i find the lack of midrange definition, and the 15" operating with a huge number of breakup mods not at all to my liking. The only OB speaker i've heard that sounded boxy because the 15s break-up modes kept drawing attention to the speaker. I'd take a set of Mar-Kels over them any day.

dave

The big sound can be appealing to some, i find the lack of midrange definition, and the 15" operating with a huge number of breakup mods not at all to my liking. The only OB speaker i've heard that sounded boxy because the 15s break-up modes kept drawing attention to the speaker. I'd take a set of Mar-Kels over them any day.

dave

Easy to say when you have a dog in the hunt.

???

The SIs were a big hit with a lot of people at the 2009 diyFEST where they were playing outdoors... just shows we all have things we prioritize in our sound.

dave

Agreed,
They tend to suit me fine.
I have been thru about every full range driver out there
and almost every enclosure.
the Saburos with 126e where very nice.
just to heavy & awkward to move from in front of
movie screen very often,
I must say that for me old model fe207 in voight pipe
where the best mids I have ever gotten with full range units.

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.