• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Fairly modified ASL Wave 8 tube monoblock amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you're reading this, you probably know what these amps are. It's been a while since I worked on them, so I'm going from memory here. The mods I've made so far:

* Auricap coupling caps
* Panasonic TSHA/TSHB power supply caps
* Upgraded cathode bypass caps (I think I used Nichicon electrolytes bypassed with some mylars I had lying around)
* Replaced most resistors with (as far as I remember) metal film
* Reverse Recovery Spike Filter (RRSF) using 10 ohm 10W sandcast resistors and (again, as far as I remember) 0.1uF 1KV ceramic caps
* Replaced rectifier diodes with UF4007
* Changed routing for heater grounds to keep them further away from signal grounds

And finally, the one change that the next owner may or may not want to retain:

* Added a capacitor at the input to roll off the bass at around 80 Hz. Since my speakers don't like playing anything below about 50Hz (increased IMD) and I use a subwoofer, this worked out well and cleaned up the sound a bit. Also, the tubes and output transformers are probably happier since I don't make them play bass that they don't need to.

The tubes are the stock Eis. I tried Svetlanas, and they hummed more in my system, so I went back to the Eis. I think I've had these amps for about a year, maybe less. I guess I average about an hour of music a day (more on weekends, less when I have a new video game to play).

There are a few things in the amp that I was planning to fix before I sold them. There's one tag strip in each one which holds the RRSF filters, and I was planning to glue those down to secure them to the chassis. Also, as I mentioned, I have an 80Hz high pass filter in there, and the input cable (going from the RCA connector to the PCB) is the original shielded one supplied by ASL and IMO it's a little fragile. Of the 8 screws that hold the tube cages down, 1 is missing. I couldn't find any of the correct size at my local hardware store. They're pretty cheap screws and the heads are almost stripped, so they'll probably need to be replaced if the tube cages are to be used (I just left them off for better cooling, no kids or pets in my apartment).

Originally, I was planning on fixing the above these before selling them. However, since a buyer from this forum would be able to do them himself/herself quite easily, I decided to try selling them here first. I'm offering them "as is" for $225 + shipping (or best offer). I have the schematic and I'll include that, and the amps are pretty easy to work on. And they work perfectly, I'll guarantee they won't be DOA.

Please respond to this thread or email me if interested.

Thanks,
Saurav

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.