diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Swap Meet (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/)
-   -   FS: F5 Amplifier Kit - Boards, Heatinks, Power Caps, Input Caps, RCAs, Binding Posts (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/173957-fs-f5-amplifier-kit-boards-heatinks-power-caps-input-caps-rcas-binding-posts.html)

gripracer 20th September 2010 09:52 AM

FS: F5 Amplifier Kit - Boards, Heatinks, Power Caps, Input Caps, RCAs, Binding Posts

1 Attachment(s)
As you can see in the pic, the boards are not assembled all the way yet, but they will be completely built before I send them to you.

Sold as a complete kit only, will not break up.

Here is is the price breakdown:
- 2 Complete F5 boards ($25 ea)
- 2 Giant NAD Heatsinks ($25 ea.)
- 2 Nichicon 6800uf 63v Gold Tune capacitors ($12 ea.)
- 2 2.2uf 250v WIMA MKP10 Input capacitors ($4 ea)
- 2 Input RCA plugs ($1 ea)
- 4 Binding posts ($2 ea)

Shipping is $12 in the USA and Labor (for assembling the boards) is $40 (gotta make a little money on this, the rest I am breaking even on, it's exactly what I paid for the parts).

Total, with Paypal fees = $199.63.

All you need is a transformer, a diode bridge, and a chassis!

limitedslip@gmail.com for contact, it's also my paypal address.

jackies 20th September 2010 12:47 PM

What type of boards are these, like, are they from forum members or from ebay/china?

Rodeodave 21st September 2010 09:31 AM

They look like they are from j*** audio on ebay, and therefore not legit.

gripracer 21st September 2010 10:45 AM

SOLD! Thanks guys.

They were eBay boards. Legit? A circuit diagram is a circuit diagram and it's still an F5, no matter who made it.

Rodeodave 21st September 2010 11:20 AM

It's about the logo...
Also the board doesn't say that it's a clone...

Tony D. 21st September 2010 06:14 PM

These boards are a rip off of Neson Pass' intellectual property and IMO should not be for sale here at DIYAudio...too late now as they are sold but in future this sort of thing should not be allowed.

T.D.

gripracer 21st September 2010 08:53 PM

How are the other forum member's PCBs not doing the same thing as these, then?

defect9 21st September 2010 09:00 PM

credit.

using the PASS logo without permission, not crediting nelson pass, and not labeling as a clone is different than what was done here. nelson doesn't care if we make clones and sell them as long as we keep things above board (pun sorta intended) in regards to the nature of it being a clone and someone elses design.

dockysmocky 24th October 2010 02:54 PM

Dear forum members,

I am the naive and unfortunate buyer of the F5 boards and hereby would like to add further details to the ignorant and immoral attitude of this fellow diyer.

I have paid for the items for more than a month ago and Ted has promised to dispatch the parcel next day however I didn't hear from him since then, nor did I receive the boards. Tried to contact him many times with no replies from him.

Just wanted to share my disappointment and frustration!

john65b 24th October 2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

gotta make a little money on this
Do we have another Rawson in the making?

Yikes.