• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Huge collection of tubes for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
5687 Tubes

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

COMPLETE ALBUM: Picasa Web Albums - maxwellseeley - 5687

5 Raytheon Black Plate, Large D getters: $20 for single tube, $50 for pairs if they exist. It is my understanding that these are actually made by Tung - Sol.

7 RCA Bronze PLate Halo Getters Extra Supports: $30 for singles, $70 for pairs if they exist.

7 Tung-Sol BronzePlate Large D Getter: $30

1 Tung-Sol - I guess I would call it a top corner or side getter - very unique placement of the getter. Tube is almost clear except for a spot right behind the getter. $20

2 GE Standard 5687 with black plate and Halo getters that are off center: $10 per tube

1 GE Military 5-Star with extra support rods, black plates, and off-center halo getter: $30

If you are interested in any of these, let me know and I will test them.

If you think the prices are out of line, I will accept offers with supporting evidence as to why your offer is fair (ie a website listing or some other reason).

Last edited:
FYI

I have been slow to get back to people for two reasons:

1.) Busy

2.) Discovered my Hickok 539C is a little out of wack. My first solution was to replace all the caps. Didn't solve the issue. After a lot of research I have determined my bridge is unbalanced. I don't know if I have a pot that will work....I should. The issue I was having was my plate current was fluctuating slowly between to value approx. 4 to 5 mA apart.

I am thinking about getting a Maximatcher or VacuTrace or AT1000 - any feedback? I realize this is a little bit of comparing apples to oranges. If I got the Maximater, I would also get the maxipreamp.

FYI - A lot of these are listed on Ebay. My sell name on ebay is fcsoapfactory (came up with that name a long time ago - still love the movie). If you bid on a tube and win, please let me know you found out about through this forum. I will give you a 5% discount and make a 5% donation to DIYAudio in your name.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.