PCM1704 DAC for sale - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th July 2003, 03:21 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
It can be run from 220 V with an external converter, I can provide. There are 8 transformers inside, and although six of them can be configured for 220V, the other two (analog output) cannot. I am looking at $1000 USD for that DAC. It is split 7/3 (approximately) between parts cost and my work.
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC
Old 6th July 2003, 06:23 PM   #12
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Smile DAC Sound

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
What really suprises me about this project is that although I spent a lot of money and time trying to improve and tweak it, a simple non-oversampling DAC, with carefull attention to PS filtering and reclocking implemented, sounds better than the above posted effort using oversampling approach.

I still believe that this DAC could be further improved, by using different receiver and digital filter, or modifying existing setup and also improving the output stage, but for me it just doesn't appeal anymore.

My recent projects with non-oversampling designs show that this is actually more natural sounding approach and this is what I will pursue currently. I know there are many people who dismiss the non oversampling designs and maybe this DAC would be of interest to them. I'm not posting price and I'm open to offers.
Hi Peter,
I am still as surprised as you are!.
Recently I had on audition in my home a Arcam Full Metal Jacket CD33 CDP and a Marantz SA17S1. The Marantz had a anomanaly in bass on CD's but sounded sweet on SACD.
The Arcam sounded like a typical upsampler, full of highs but NOT musical. My Philips CD-650/TDA1543 had the best bass and the most musical and natural sound. Too bad for my dealer, nothing sold.....
Will try a Audionote CD2 from an other dealer soon. Bizarre that it has a CS8414 on board!

Hide this!Advertise here!