• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ESL Step Up Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I posted earlier in the "Parts" forum, but this is probably a more appropriate place for this thread. I wanted to see if there is any interest in toroidal ESL step up transformers. I have more than I will need for my projects.

These potted transformers replicate the Final 0.3 transformer design. I have had very good success with them. Following are characteristics of this transformer:

Turns Ratio = 1:70:70 (1:140 overall)
Primary Inductance = 1.0 mH (min)

Primary Wires: Red, Black
Secondary Wires: Blue, Yellow (neutral), White

Dimensions = 3.25" (d), 2.25" (h)

Resistances:

Red:Black = .705 ohms (nominal)
Blue:Yellow = 85 ohms (nominal)
Yellow:White = 85 ohms (nominal)
Leakage Inductance:

Red:Black = 5.0 uH (max)
Blue:White = short

A schematic diagram as well as a picture is attached to this post showing what the transformer looks like.

As I mentioned, I have enough of these transformers to support a number of other projects, provided you don't require production volumes ;-)

Milan

Attachments

• ESL Transformer.jpg
    ESL Transformer.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 108
  • CIMG0425.jpg
    CIMG0425.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 92
Example ESL Using these Transformers

The speaker in the middle is a hybrid ESL system that was designed using the transformers described in this thread. The speakers to the left and right are earlier experiments.

Yes, you can design real speakers with these transformers :)

Attachments

• DSC01739.JPG
    DSC01739.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 81
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.