• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My old open baffle speakers, UK-only

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I either need to strip these down for parts or sell them on as I don't have space for spare speakers here.

I built these to find out if I liked open baffle sound at home or not. After MUCH tweaking I got a great sound from them - rich, detailed, pleasing to the ear and work perfectly in my tiny room. Fantastic bass too, just don't expect it to be evenly spread down to 20hz :)

They are 3-way using a 1" Wharfedale tweeter, 4" Audax poly cone mid with DIY phase plug, and 4 x 7" woofers (made for cheap subs). The bass is boosted via "T-bass" meaning you need a solid state amp with decent current delivery, or else the amp may shut down or not sound right when playing loud.

There are 6 drivers per side, the baffles in 18mm MDF, loads of caps and coils, plus two 100VA transformers. Binding posts are gold-plated Mundorf ones, very expensive! These speakers are potentially worth buying just for the parts, depending what projects you're looking to get done.

I'd like £100 for these. They're to be collected from my home in Sheffield, UK.

If nobody wants to buy these to finish nicely, develop or just enjoy then I'll unsolder all the parts and bin the baffles. That, however, would be a waste.

Listening may be an option but I'm about to replace them with my new speakers so I don't know how easily I can demo them after today!

Simon

Some pictures and schematic

A couple of pics..

Attachments

• OBSchematic.png
    OBSchematic.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 356
Any time's fine Andrew. The price was £100 but it's very much negotiable, I'd just like to get some of the money back and, ideally, to see the speakers enjoyed. I'll leave the binding posts on, the belong there if they're to be listened to.

Next weekend, for a week, I'm in France. It's better if you come after that so you can stop for a chat.

Hope this post makes sense, I am rather drunk!

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.