• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lightspeed Attenuator matched pairs, board and remote

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I bought these items with the intention of building a lightspeed attenuator. But I bought some other gear, and no longer need it. So hopefully someone else can benefit.

Includes:
3 matched sets of LDR from Uriah
LDR board also from Uriah
Alps remote control set

All for $65, free shipping in the US. Sorry no international shipping on this one. Price is firm. Its a good deal!

Some details:
I originally bought 2 matched sets from Uriah. They have never been soldered or used in any way shape or form. I only tested them. I was not totally happy with the matching of one set, and Uriah kindly sent me another set. So you now have a bonus set. Do with the extra set as you wish

The remote control set was purchased from Ebay:
ALPS Motorized volume 4 in remote control Potentiometer - eBay (item 260486645726 end time Aug-31-10 01:02:38 PDT)
If the link does not work, do a search for "ALPS Motorized volume 4 in remote control Potentiometer." It is currently a buy it now for $71.

I did some modifications on the remote board as per Windowman:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/153388-optical-volume-control-professional-pcb-29.html
I cut the ribbon cables because I was going to use them for something else, and I wasn't planning on using the relays. Anyway, you are on your own to figure it out. It all definitely works, but it is up to you to figure out how to use it in this application. This is DIY after all.

Attachments

• lightspeed1.jpg
    lightspeed1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 271
  • lightspeed2.jpg
    lightspeed2.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 264
  • lightspeed3.jpg
    lightspeed3.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 265
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.