• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Wineclone" Battery-powered Amplifier SUMMER SALE! $50 off!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a a review from a customer:

"It sounds great right out of the box. I'd say you have reproduced the Red Wine sound pretty accurately at far less cost - bravo! It's the kind of sound that makes me wonder why I would spend more on audio... I have had at least a half dozen amps/monos in the $5000-$14,000 range. The only other SS amp I have now is a Pass/First Watt F3 ($3000). I will have to compare them at some point but I know the Tripath amp can hold its own, with a slightly different sound."

I agree, twisting the input and output wires would be way over the top. :rolleyes:

Also, rotating the board 180 degrees would allow significantly shorter wires from the volume control to the amp inputs and from the amp outputs to the speaker terminals. Maybe you could add this as a $95 option or something. ;)

I may be asking the wrong question here ... or asking the question in the wrong place ...
My chip amp uses lm3886 chips 1 for each channel, and in the tube buffer has a 6n11 tube that works in the preamp stage. Now how does it still manage to keep the stereo. Once the thing goes into the tube wont the signal now be 1 ...
Thanks.
Srinath.

heh, a bit off topic, but i'll help you out anyway.

the 6n11 is a dual triode. In other words, there a two little amplifiers within the single glass tube. Sometimes, the signal for one channel is run through both triodes, but in your case, left goes through one triode, and right goes through the other.

Hey gripracer - thanks. This amp I am just waiting for my mind to give up on the CR440 or the R500 so I can yank the trafo and throw this in the cab. I aint paying big $ for a trafo ... too cheap especially when its just sitting there.
I have all sorts of obtuse questions about other amps though.
Usually no one has answers to these Q's.
I am used to it.
Like the questions my 7 year old asks. You say - careful dont put your had in the sink drain ... and he says "what will happen if you put yout hand in the drain" Like that.
Cool.
Srinath.

Hey Gripracer.

I have been waiting for a review of your amp for some time now...watching and waiting to gobble one up on eBay as soon as I get the satisfaction.
Glad to see your on this forum (I really haven't participated yet as I am not technically proficient to contribute anything other feedback on the sound of an item)

In the realm of affordable but nice sounding amps- I currently have a Nuforce Icon Integrated with the NF upgraded PS, a Trends TA10 With Michael Mardi full internal upgrades, and a Yarland FV-34C US spec.
(I have to do a review / comparison of these three soon as i'm sure people must wonder how they compare... I sure did)

Anyway... I am supremely interested in your amp! I'm surprised that your getting such a lukewarm response to what is essentially a total sleeper product. That does tend to happen at your stage of "business". Technically this in fact how Redwine essentialy started... with a modded Sonic Impact T-amp... I might be mistaken, anyway ... lol

My thoughts are that there are no solid comparisons or reviews so no one knows what to expect with the 'Wineclone'. Since I don't have the time to build one from the Chinese board, I love the fact that you can and then simply sell me one! I really don't care if its like the Redwine product, if it blows away my Icon for under $500 I'll be estatic.

BTW, what kind of car do you drive? I couldn't help but notice your user name and email address. I'm an E30 and AE86 freak and automotive tuner by trade.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.