• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aura Evolution VA100 (Faulty) in Chrome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought this little amplifier new in 1994 and used it right up 3 years ago when it developed a fault by producing a loud hum through the speakers and blew the internal fuse. The engineer in my local HiFi dealer looked at it, but considered it uneconomic to attempt a repair. It has been packaged up ever since.

The Aura Evolution VA100 was well regarded in the early to mid 1990s, with a good phono stage (MM) and a warm rich sound. Aura was part of the B&W Group. I believe it cost £400 (£50 premium for chrome finish). This example is in unmarked condition (apart from finger prints on the chrome front) and was well looked after by me.

If anyone would like to have a go at repairing this fine amplifier, no reasonable offer will be refused.

I will upload some photos later.

Kind regards,
Tweedle-Dee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.