• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tda1541a S1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been hoarding TDA1541A S1 chips for a while and have decided to let some of them go...

I figure now is as good a time as any with interest being high due to the Taiwan Double Crown thread below :)

These chips were sourced from a friend of mine here in the U.S. who used to have a good supply of them.

Price is $90 each including postage.

I'm going to borrow a digital camera to take some pics of them for anyone who's interested in seein them. This will probably be on Monday or Tuesday.

Well, I'm not sure if $90 is ridiculous or not.

No one complained about 100 Euros for S2 chips with some questions about the stamps on them from Taiwan.

If nobody wants to buy, then $90 is ridiculous... But, the highest price I've seen for these was actually 90 Pounds Sterling from a fellow in England. Thats what, $140 or something like that.

For $90 plus a few hundred dollars of other parts someone can build a DAC that will be competitive with some of the best DACs available. Not a bad deal then is it?

I guess it all depends on how you look at it...

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I look at it from the perspective that I paid 12.50 $ not so long ago. Genuine S1's. Going price now is about 50 Euro.

S2's might be worth the high price because they are very rare and the best in specs. They were manufactured in Taiwan for Marantz years after the old batches were run. I am pretty sure that the S2's Peter Daniel showed are real but seeing them is the only way to make sure.

For $90 plus a few hundred dollars of other parts someone can build a DAC that will be competitive with some of the best DACs available. Not a bad deal then is it?

When I build a non os DAC with S1 it'll cost me slightly over 100 $ all in ( ex PCB, SS output ). The best deal there is.

It is easy to justify a price when speaking like that. If someone is bitten by a viper I am sure he will pay a good price for the antidote I happen to have in stock ;)

But success with selling your S1's, maybe I'll sell them too if they break the 100 $ barrier :devilr: Makes me wonder what the TDA1543 will do in the near future, 30 $ ? Maybe I should buy some extra next week ...

Hi jeanpaul,

>I look on it from the perspective that I paid 12.50 $ not so long >ago. Genuine S1's.

I too wish there was a good supply of TDA1541A S1 chips around, but there isn't anymore. Unfortunately they have become quite rare.

>When I build a DAC with S1 it'll cost slightly over 100 $ all in ( ex >PCB, SS output ). The best deal there is.

Aaaahh :) So $90 for the chip and less than $100 for other parts to build an excellent sounding DAC. We're definitely moving in the right direction here price wise in terms of a total project cost ;)

>It is easy to justify a price when speaking like that. If someone >is bitten by a viper I am sure he will pay a good price for the >antidote I happen to have in stock

:nod: Yes, we have the antidote for crappy sounding digital. It'll cost a few bucks but Doctor Viper will get you all fixed up ;)

>S2's might be worth the high price because they are very rare >and the best in specs. They were manufactured in Taiwan for >Marantz years after the old batches were run. I am pretty sure >that the S2's Peter Daniel showed are real but seeing them is >the only way to make sure.

Yes, there are definitely caches of genuine S1 and S2 chips collecting dust in places like Manila, Bangkok, and Taiwan. Finding them and sorting them out from the fakes is the hard part.

Hope you're day is going well :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I hope your day is going well too ( if that is the correct way of writing it ? )

Regards,

Jean-Paul

Aaaahh So $90 for the chip and less than $100 for other parts to build an excellent sounding DAC. We're definitely moving in the right direction here price wise in terms of a total project cost

You'd be surprised what a very good DAC with TDA1543 costs !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.