• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Selling: A Pair of LM3886 Gainclones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello folks!

Would anyone be interested in a pair of homebuilt LM3886 Gainclones?
Look here for the whole thread and here for the final Layout!
Also I have made a small rectifier-board with 8 MUR860 diodes which I would sell, too.

I finaly had time to build this Amp, but I don´t have any use for it, so I would sell it if anybody would want it.
Both Amps are tested and work well with a 18V trafo. (Which I am not selling here.)
Because I do not want to sell them for less than I´ve paid for the parts, I would like to have 40€ + shipping from Germany. (Thats about 50 US$ + shipping).

I may take pictures of it, if you ask for them.

Greetings,
Maxx

Last edited:
So here is a picture of the two amplifier boards and the rectifier.

Attachments

• IMGP3313.jpg
    IMGP3313.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 400
You would need a 2 x 18V Trafo with 80VA - 160VA (the bigger the better) and one bigger or two smaller heatsinks.

And of course such things as the fuse, switches, cables, connectors and so on.
And you do know who to work with Mains-AC, yes?

So basically you need to connect the Trafo to the rectifier-board. Then you have to wire the outputs of the rectifier board to the two Amps boards. Finally you only have to solder the speakers and the input onto the Ampliefier-boards. But you can read that in the other thread!

Last edited:
OK I have a question - is it possible to get this to work on DC. DC power supplies are cheap. Big transformers are much more $. I think that 3886 needs 18v minimum and needs that AC if I remember.
I know how to work with AC yes, but I am drowning in projects and getting a transformer I dont want to take it on.
Thanks.
Srinath.

Of course you could leave out the rectifier. Then you only would need a +18V / GND / -18V DC power supply (Or maybe a even a little bit higher Voltage, because when you rectify 18V there are a little more then 25V in the end.).

It would only be important that there is as less noise produced by the DC-powersupply as possible and that it is able to deliver enough current when needed.

Greetings,
Maxx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.