• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:Mundorf caps and resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the following Mundorf caps and resistors for sale.

MLytic Audio Grade

Electrolytic capacitors, 25 VDC
10000uF (x2 like new condition) €8 each
15000uF (x2 like new condition) €8 each

MCap SUPREME
0.1uF (x5 New) €6.50 each

MCap SUPREME silver/gold
0.068uF (x2 like new condition) €25 each
0.033uF (x1 like new condition) €25 each
0.022uF (x1 like new condition) €25 each

MResist SUPREME
22Ohm (x12 like new condition) €7.50 each

I can only accept bank transfer payments. Thanks for looking.

Mundorf is Cheating

Hi I just discovered that Mundorf is a big cheater with this resistors. A friend just added them to is speakers. Today I listened on his stereo and the sound was much to bright compared with last time I was there. He has added 3 Supreme resistors in each tweeter filter and none of them in series. How could it sound so much brighter and with more " details " ? I bought some and at home I discovered that the leads was very stiff. Its iron and very magnetic !:eek::eek::mad::mad::(:( Thats why they sound so bad ! So I have to take off the leads and use some silver instead. For gods sake do not use Sterling.

Also I do not believe they are free from ceramic. I am sure its ceramic under the resistor element. The ends of the resistor is not copper but I have not been able to discover what .

So Mundorf produce what I call a Fake product. Shame on them : Buy some DCA resistors its the real thing.

My experience with Mundorf components has been the complete opposite as yours. The MResist SUPREME are some of the best I have ever tried. Many top class speaker manufactures use them on their designs.

Perhaps your friend installed the wrong values on his speakers.

My experience with Mundorf components has been the complete opposite as yours. The MResist SUPREME are some of the best I have ever tried. Many top class speaker manufactures use them on their designs.

Perhaps your friend installed the wrong values on his speakers.

How do you think they sound ? You write the opposite as my experience ? I think they sound very open but it is just a bit to much. Discovered only half of them is with iron leads. Maybee you have been lucky only to use those with copper leads ? I have placed 3 of them in each midrange filter. Will listen later this week.

Have you compared with DCA and Mills ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.