• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SJEP120R100 10 Pieces - $175

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
A trip to my local post office and filling out customs paperwork can be a little oppressive. Like going to Gestapo headquarters for dental work. It's just a lot easier and closer for me to go to the UPS store. I make exceptions when I can though. Not trying to be an isolationist or anything like that. :)

OK,now I understand. here it is both at the same post office. So national or international post does not make much difference except or the costs.

OK,now I understand. here it is both at the same post office. So national or international post does not make much difference except or the costs.

Jean Paul,
going to US post office before the 2001. was no special event and shipping something nationally or internationally was not a big difference. After 9.11 that has dramatically changed, and now if something to be shipped internationally is the major pain, I have to agree with Michael. You have to fill paperwork that is often not available with other forms, and in addition you have to know what you are looking for, which require waiting in the line first to ask what do you need, than filling the long form, than waiting in the line again to submit... Going to UPS or FedEx that waits with free packaging and all the forms you would need is much easier and faster with emphasis on faster. For people that are working full time every day, the only time they could go to the office than is ether lunch break or Saturday, which means giving up on lunch or waisting your weekend. The same stands for going to the bank where these days you normally do not go at all. Last time I was in the bank was most likely a year ago. That is why paypal is so popular.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.