• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS in Los Angeles: pair of studio main monitors, and also Tannoy T12 ($200, firm)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

So I picked up a pair of studio main monitors (the kind that are soffit mounted in-wall, that have a virtually unlimited dynamic range, etc.) for stupidly cheap off eBay locally. After picking them up (they're huge, so had to make two trips with my small car), I realized I really don't need them, and they don't even fit in my room...

Details:
3 way
cast-frame 12" pro-sound coaxial
cast-frame 15" woofer (looks like EV) in a ported enclosure
very nice looking crossover, and have one spare crossover to go with it

One coaxial has a rip in it, and the woofer in the OTHER speaker, also.

Box is plywood, well made, braced. Heavy.

Dimensions are about 36" across (or vertical) x 24" high (or across), by 24" depth.

I also picked up three Tannoy T12 PA speakers (but I'm keeping one), all with the high frequency elements not doing so well. These are high-sensitivity, coaxial, pro-sound speakers with a really nice trapezoidal baltic birch ply box, with 4 ports, tuned to around 65 Hz. Factory spec sheet here:
http://www.tannoy.com/products/265/i12 Brochure.pdf

Factory specs:
70 - 25kHz
200 average, 800 peak power handling
97/100db sensitivity, anechoic/half-space
120db AVERAGE spl maximum, 126 peak (these would make GREAT midwoofers in a 3 way)
8 ohm impedance
1.5kHz 2nd order crossover
38.7 liter enclosure, Speakon connector (with a pass-through for parallel)
~ 20" x 15" x 15"

Want to get rid of everything for $200, definitely local pickup only.

Let me know if you have questions,
thanks,
-Tal

Attachments

• studio mains1.JPG
    studio mains1.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 107
also have...

a Dayton MCA2550D 2.1 class-D amplifier for a small 2.1 system.

Power output is 50WRMS @ 4 ohms for sub, 25@8ohms for satellite)
Fixed high-pass around 240 Hz per this:
MCA2550D 2.1 Amplifier mistake in specs or bad design - Techtalk at Parts-Express.com

Specs here:
Dayton MCA2550D 2.1 Channel Class D Amplifier | Parts-Express.com

Asking $80 if locally picked up. Only tried it for a few minutes out of the box, has never been screwed into anything; no marks on it whatsoever.

Also a Carver Pro ZR1000 class-T (Tripath) pro-sound amplifier with the factory fan replaced with a quiet one by the dealer. Purchased new for around $900, best sounding amplifier I've ever heard, period. Asking $350. 225/350 RMS @ 8/4 ohms. Binding post and Speakon outputs. Can throw in one pair of 12 gauge 10 foot Speakon cables with the amplifier.

cheers,
-Tal

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.