For Sale - Philips LHH-1000 (Nee Marantz CD-12) DAC w. TDA1541, heavily modified - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2003, 08:21 PM   #1
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Default For Sale - Philips LHH-1000 (Nee Marantz CD-12) DAC w. TDA1541, heavily modified

Konnichiwa,

Same story as before folks, in order to finance my Wedding (it turns out I have to travel to Africa because of Visa troubles...) and some new projects several parts of my system are up for grabs.

Item #4 is a Philips LHH-1000 DAC. This is, except for the badge the Marantz DA-12, part of the CD/DA-12 2-Box Philips/Marantz "High End" CD-Player from the late 1980's. It uses the TDA1541 Double Crown grade DAC Chip, SAA7220 Digital Filter, Yamaha receiver with second discrete PLL, reclocking of all datalines before the DAC and optical coupling of Data to the DAC. The massive cast chassis is copper plated and there are loads of internal shielding sections, also copper plated. Three mains transformers all in shielding cans.

This unit was fully refurbished with all electrolytic cap's replaced (>100pcs), using Elna Silmic, Sanyo Os-Con, Panasonic FC and a few Balck Gates, depending upon application. All Op-Amp's where changed for Burr Brown OPA637, OPA627 (depending upon application) and Burr Brown BUF634 Buffer for the RCA Output, Balanced Oputputs use 2pcs OPA627 and a Transformer.

Cosmetic appearance is a little scuffy, the unit is 110V and for anyone living in 220...240V countries comes with a 500VA externsl Stepdown transformer which delivers around 115V BALANCED power.

I paid around $ 400 for the unit and invested nearly the same in parts. I have already offered this unit for 400 / $ 650 plus shipping. The shipping if going far is going to be lethal - this one HEAVY SUCKER, so local sale is preferred.

Sayonara

Hide this!Advertise here!