• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sale: SAE, Technics, Crown...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I'm selling some of my "old" equipment including:

- SAE 2200 power amplifier (with wood cabinet)
- SAE P102 preamplifier
- Technics SL-1350 turntable (several cartridges and shells)
- Crown IC-150 preamplifier (with wood cabinet)
- Pioneer TX-5500II tuner
- Sony cassette deck

All are in excellent condition and for most I have the original boxes and owner's manuals.

A link with photos and more information is here: Vintage Stereo Equipment For Sale (This link is currently being put together and updated.)

I'm in the Denver area. And I do have a coupon I'm willing to chip in for a free UPS ground shipment...

Thanks! - Peter

Thanks for your interest. Just picking it up, I'd guess it weighs about 15 pounds; I can easily put it in a box with light packing materials and make it very safe for shipping. I have the packing material... if you'd just pay for shipping. I will check with UPS and FedEx (as can you)--my guess is $30-40 US. (Sorry, the coupon I mentioned I have for shipping is not good internationally.)

FYI, it seems I have local interest in the SAE components and turntable. I'll keep this thread posted, but they may be gone today. Everything else, I'm happy to sell inexpensively just to find a good home.

So if the Crown finds a good home in the Netherlands I'm happy to do whatever I can...

I will add, I do have a business set up to take PayPal and credit cards on the Internet and this could be used. NO THIS IS NOT a scam to obtain a credit card number (I am paid through PayPal and I don't think the credit card information is even transmitted to me).

Blown Speakers

Yep, the SAE components and turntable are gone.

I really am curious about this. For the 30 years I have owned the SAE amp I've blown maybe 10 pair of speakers. That's the major reason I had to part with a prized possession. Yes, I like to crank it... but I thought I was still reasonable. In my experience, speakers which seemingly/say they can take the wattage cannot.

Some were admittedly older and I live in a higher and dryer place. But, I can site two pair of Sony speakers (more A/V type, but said they could handle the power) that blew sky high.

And no, nothing seemed wrong with the amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.