• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Saburo double horns for sale Charlotte, local pickup $400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a fantastic set of Saburo double horn I built
for sale. they have modified Fostex Fe126e,
Made with maple ply with purpleheart feet & spikes.
They sound amazing,huge soundstage.
they are basically the same as Cardersound Tybone V1 which sale for $4700.
both coming from the exact same plans.
$400 takes these home,I need my movie room back.

Attachments

• 100_2022.jpg
    100_2022.jpg
    798.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_2017.jpg
    100_2017.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Looks like a very nice build. If you will forgive a brief correction however, the Cardersound Tybone v2 does not come from the same plans; it's a unique enclosure (I happen to know this because I designed both it and Saburo). However, the earlier Tybone v1 was a commercial build of Saburo.

BTW -this should really be in the vendors section of the forum shouldn't it?

Last edited:
Hi Scott
I have really enjoyed them,and will most likely
kick myself for letting them go,I have conversed
with you several time about the build in the past,
and I appreciate all the effort you put in to
come up with the design,If only others new how good
the Saburos sounded,giant soundstage, we would see a lot
more out there. by the way V1 you are correct I changed the listing.

Regards,
Scott E

Looks like a very nice build. If you will forgive a brief correction however, the Cardersound Tybone v2 does not come from the same plans; it's a unique enclosure (I happen to know this because I designed both it and Saburo). However, the earlier Tybone v1 was a commercial build of Saburo.

BTW -this should really be in the vendors section of the forum shouldn't it?

Having just built a set of Saburos I'm curious as to what was changed in the design for the Tybone v2. Was the change to improve sound, or improve build cost/time?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Flemming,

The exact details are propriatary, but it was as much about having something unique for potential investors as anything else. Some cosmetic differences and sonic compromises made in different places. Fully treated drivers have a much larger difference on sonics.

BTW: i am eagerly awaiting comments on how you like yours, and will need to pop over to your office sometime and listen to them

dave

BTW: i am eagerly awaiting comments on how you like yours

By now you have seen my comments in the Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery. For the benefit of others, here's the link http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...ge-speaker-photo-gallery-128.html#post2230609

BTW, my speakers cost more to build than the $400 Scott E is asking for his. This is a good deal!

and will need to pop over to your office sometime and listen to them

I work out of home so whenever you want. Probably let the drivers break in a bit more first, and maybe wait until I finish the SE amp...

The Saburo's are Sold.

I have a fantastic set of Saburo double horn I built
for sale. they have modified Fostex Fe126e,
Made with maple ply with purpleheart feet & spikes.
They sound amazing,huge soundstage.
they are basically the same as Cardersound Tybone V1 which sale for $4700.
both coming from the exact same plans.
$400 takes these home,I need my movie room back.

This is an old thread, but yes it was reasonable. I went to his house and heard them as well as check out the smaller folded horns ones he had made. Absolutely stunning.
I would have bought those, but I didn't want to try and find the drivers for those and pay 200 a piece for fostex 104 was it. Anyway, The big ones were too big for my setup.

Cool.
Srinath.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.