• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Buying from Apexjr - UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I am looking into buying some computer grade caps from Apexjr.com & was wondering if anyone else in the UK would like to get together a larger order to split the shipping costs?

On a small order the shipping works out more that the cost of the caps & puts my plans back on the shelf.

Cheers

Paul

Apex

I was looking at 12500uF 50v, but given the shipping costs it would be pointless. It makes sense to include 12000uF 80v, 36000uF 40v & 68000 50v if it helps to get a large enough order together.

4 x 12500uF is about £9 (pretty damn cheap), but the shipping is twice that on those 4 caps.

8 x 68000uF is about £30 and the shipping about the same giving £60

8 x 12500uF, 36000uF & 68000uF is about £115 including shipping.

Also, anything over 10kg is about half the shipping if done seafreight (6 weeks) instead of airfreight (1 week)

Open to suggestions

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.