• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Exposure 2010 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is an interesting item for sale. The Exposure 2010 is a well reviewed integrated amplifier. I picked this up a few years ago, but never got around to sorting it out. For some reason, it is missing its transformer and resevoir capacitors.

As you can see from the pictures, there are no marks where the transformer is usually bolted down and there are no traces of solder where the resevoir caps fit. I can only assume they were never fitted, as is certainly doesnt look like they have been removed.

IMGP0365.jpg

IMGP0366.jpg

IMGP0369.jpg

The amp itself is in very good cosmetic condition.
IMGP0370.jpg

Although there is one very feint scratch near the volume control.
IMGP0368.jpg

There are also a number of the case screws missing.

Here is what it should look like with the transformer and caps fitted.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Exposure have stated a new transformer will cost £45 and I expect some good caps can be obtained for £15 approx.

These usually sell for approx £350 on ebay. Due to the requirements of a couple of hours work and the cost needed to buy the missing parts, I am prepared to let this go quite cheaply and someone can grab a bargain here.

Price including UK delivery £200. I am happy to ship worldwide at additional cost if required.

Is it that obvious? Are you interested I selling the Altecs, LOL....

Just so happens a lot of peoplea have been selling a bunch of items I need or want right now. I go in spurts but it is true, I have spent some coin the past week here at the swap meet. I am building a few different style of amps that need higher sense speakers so bought those, needed to finish my surround drivers to match my Proac clones so bought the SS 18w8545ks, building a line array with some BG neo 8s so the extra pair of the clones will go with those....this amp just looks like fun to complete and if it sounds good I have a place for it, if not will just sell it off.

I have tried to sell some of my stuff but no takers so that closet will remain full for a while.f

I don't have a camera on hand right now but I can hardly cross the room without bumping on some audio junk:). As to altecs I don't know , they are obvious disaster but nothing play electric guitar with such a pleasant presence like altec horn. The question is, should one have a special speaker to enjoy electric guitar in full glory?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.