Trade: A box of NOS Tubes, mainly RCA and Tung-Sol for *Anything* - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2010, 04:57 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Trade: A box of NOS Tubes, mainly RCA and Tung-Sol for *Anything*

*Will have more details and pictures in a few hours, checking for interest*

I came across a box of Tubes and picked it up at an alright price- there should be at least 20-30 NOS box of audio tubes, mainly consisting of RCA branded ones and Tung-Sol, probably came from an audiophile and the box said "new tubes" on it. There are a few boxes that indicated used ones, but only a few.

I'll make a list of everything in it and a picture, but PLEASE do not ask me "does xxx tube blah blah" cause I really wouldn't know. I can take pictures of any of the tubes in particular to show the condition. I know there are a few expensive big ones in there so I'll get pictures. I DON'T HAVE A TESTER NOR CAN I TEST THESE!

Looking to trade it all as I, personally, can't use any of it with my skill level:
Anything Tubey- I miss my first Modded Art Dac
Power Amplifier
High End Pre-amp with a remote!
Headphones!
Speakers? Custom, I don't care as long as their quality. Heck, I'll even trade it if you can repair my Concept Audio 11 amp! (socal)

Currently I have a simple setup of Pioneer A-35r, okay mission speakers, tube little dot micro headphone amplifier, so anything above these would suffice.

I prefer to just trade it all to one person but if there's huge offers for 1-2 of them (over $30), I'll ship but I rather not.

Heatware is under: azneinstein
Old 18th June 2010, 05:29 PM   #2
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Let's see what you've got. I'm also in SoCal and might be able to hook you up with some small speakers for these, if it seems a fair value proposition.
Old 18th June 2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Apex Jr is offline Apex Jr  United States
diyAudio Member

I too might be interested and have a full warehouse of stuff to trade
Also in SoCal... Torrance

Steve @ Apex Jr
Apex Jr.Home Page
Old 18th June 2010, 06:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I am in the SFV and am interested. Lots of goodies in the closets here.

Pretty good at repair work, too.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I lied, I'll have pictures around 5 today... I've been a long time lurker here- yearssssss, and I really picked up the lot for you guys (community) in particular, it wasn't an amazing price but figured hard to find tubes- especially NOS RCA and Tung-sol ones would be worthwhile to builders, one that I googled was selling for over $100, but again, not looking to "make" money, just rather put them to good use and hopefully do slight upgrades to my current set up.

I'll take anything, even accessories- from terminated speaker cables, to power conditioning stuff, I'm a simple two channel purist... but wouldn't mind having a setup that'll last me a years and years before needing/wanting to upgrade, since there IS interest, I'll pm you guys when I get the chance with my site of the pics.
Old 19th June 2010, 01:34 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'm in SoCal too, and I would be interested too depending on what you have available.

Looney
Old 19th June 2010, 08:14 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Here's the List:
Each line is an item, if you see two lines, then i have two of them. quotations are what's written by previous owner.

Misc:
Ken-Rad 1R5 "does not oscillate"
Tung-Sol Ten 46 Lamps
GE 47 Lamps
GE 44 Lamps
Westinghouse 51 Lamps

Sylvania
6EA8A
12AU7A
19T8
6BJ6
12BA6
3GK5
12AT7
12AT6
6SQ7GT

GE
6W6GT
6W4GT
6SN7GTB
someTHING-84
1B3GT- "GOOD BT OLD"
12BE6
19T8
6AU6A
6T8A
6H6
6AX4GTB
12AV6
35W4
6U8A

RCA
12SK7
6BQ6GTB 6CU6
6BZ7
12SA7GT
IL6
6BC5
50C5
35Z5GT
IU4
12AU7A
6T8A
6CB6A
6BA6
6AL5
5U4GB

TUNG-sOL
3V4
6SN7GTB
12AU6
6S4A
Old 19th June 2010, 08:20 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Plenty of good stuff there! How do you want to do this deal?
Old 22nd June 2010, 05:13 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Just let me know what you want, and what you want to trade, again, since I'm not a full "hobbyist" or builder, random parts are useless to me but I wouldn't mind spicing up my "wiring."

So any offers like, "wanna trade me x tube, x tube, x tube, x tube for whatever" I'll probably take it. I don't really know the "worth" so I'll let you guys decide accordingly, again, these are sort of useless to me. Heck, if you said: "I'll trade you a complete tube amp for all of them" I'd probably do that too. Making a new thread though with the list in first post.

Hide this!Advertise here!