• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fs: Tda1541a/s2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jean-paul:

Philips CD880 use TDA1541AS1, here is the pic,
This chip also has the white line on the left and no 'Y' after 2 ??

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,768
jean-paul said:
Yes but why build it with plain vanilla TDA1541A first if you have the choice ( apparently ) ? Skip the version without A as it is less good than the A versions.

Obviously the problem is where to get the S1 chip :(

So I could built with A/nonA first and change later.

I have a few 1541 from cd304 and one A from a Grundig 903mkII.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Who fits the glove ?

Please see the other thread about TDA1541A-S1.

What about 100 $ ? :devilr: Joke, I won't ever sell them for those prices, in fact I don't sell them at all. I used to solder them in as a service in cdplayers of customers. If only I had known then what I know now...

But I am willing to send a virgin ( new ) one for free with a new CS8412 ( 2002 revision ) if you have a very decent double sided tinned PCB ( high standard with adequate decoupling and power supplies like T.L's or K.Boehm's ) for me for a non os TDA1541A DAC ;) Particularly grounding has to be perfect. OK, I am very demanding, I know. Output stage may be tubes or solid state if done right ( no feedback ).

Who takes the challenge ? I don't have the time myself, a design was made but I came across the 3 power supplies and it stopped because of the need for double sided designing.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
In my desperate and useless search for perfection I want a very decent board. Not a os board that can be used non os.

But a Curcio board will do in case someone has one left and is willing to let it go for the parts I offer plus some extra's ( OSCON's etc. ).

I won't post anymore concerning my offer as I just realise this is threadjacking of the worst kind ! Or am I mistaking ?

Re: Who fits the glove ?

jean-paul said:
But I am willing to send a virgin ( new ) one for free with a new CS8412 ( 2002 revision ) if you have a very decent double sided tinned PCB ( high standard with adequate decoupling and power supplies like T.L's or K.Boehm's ) for me for a non os TDA1541A DAC ;)

Unfortunately I have nothing like this, the thing is I even do not have the schematic, ( link ? :rolleyes: ) just always see that you guys are crazy for that old lady chip in times of 24bit 192khz...

And now I wanna try also.

So there are pcbs...

I will have my milling machine tweaked to cnc soon.

Are there other designs with more than one TDA1541 ?

Parallel or push-pull / bridge ?

I bought a Technics SLP770 on the fleamarket yesterday for 20EUR, it contains 4 pieces of PCM56P (18bit) and sounds not so bad.

Naked truth

Since everyone is showing their goodies this is the one I have, unfortunately not very good pic. But you can see this one is different from others since is has the white stripe.

The S1 and crown is almost identical to the one shown by Scottnixon and Tubeee.

Attachments

• cdp cdb650.jpg
    cdp cdb650.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,380
TDA1541A S1 Pcb layout.

yo jeanpaul,

here's a pcb layout for my latest dac project...uses 4 pcs TDA1541AS1 with 15 similar jung supereg..

if u need a paralle 2 pcs version..buzz me..
btw: have u works out the caps yet?

btw: not to scale.

tone.

Attachments

• tda.jpg
    tda.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,369
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.