• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Ohm Walsh F drivers/cabs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got in one pair of Ohm Walsh F speakers. the cab's are rough around the edges but the drivers look to have just been refoamed? These came from the widow of a guy that was restoring them and never put them back together.

Have no idea what these are worth. large, heavy drivers to ship so expect high shipping cost's more due to packed size than weight.

Willing to sell for a fair offer plus shipping.

Zc

Ohm Walsh drivers

Attachments

• Walsh.jpg
    Walsh.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Somewhere I read that a common saying of the time was that these required 250 watts to run and 300 to blow them up! LOL!

That is a massive cone to move! ill bet it takes some oomph to get it to go!

I personally have Haves Revelation 3's that i just love and I also have a large set of JBL's for the home theater surround sound system and several pairs of Vintage KLH's around the shop, garage and bedroom and while these are mondo cool. I really just don't have a place or need for them. I really would like to see them go to someone that will do something even cooler with them! My whole shop is PACKED with cool things and i just have too many and I am looking to possible move my shop this summer and i simple HAVE to reduce inventory!

So these gotta go quick, they are taking up too much floor space in the shop!

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I had a friend pick up a pair of these Walsh F's real cheap with issues - the cones were "sagging" due to all that cone weight.

It sounded muffled unless we lifted the cone a bit... We connected the speakers to an amp that had highish DC offset (an Adcom) and connected the speaker polarity so that the cone returned to "center" (the DC Offset "lifted" the speaker cone)... actually sounded quite decent... finally a use for an amp with high DC offset...

I actually own a Walsh F2 I picked up in a Pawn shop in Salt Lake for $40 - they are my patio speakers...needs some power tho...

Last edited:
Dale Harder can provide any sort of rebuild needed for these beauties, including new cones. He builds a dupe of the original with stronger spider, better magnet and if you ask, EnABL on the cone. I originally invented EnABL on a pair of Ohm F's, #'s 309 & 310, in 1973. Would love to have another pair but am quite poor these days, what with the transformer business so sodden with Asian goods and so few folks building electronics in the USA. I do have pattern sets if an enterprising soul wants to try the patterns out. Think pure point source radiators with a near spherical FR radiation. Absolutely sonically invisible.

Bud

I took a good close look at one of the drivers and it does look like the spider sags a bit. not sure what it should look like but if you look across the tops of the ripples in the spider they are not flat. I did test one driver off my sig gen driving it directly off the gen and it worked but there wasn't much level there to get it up and going. I need to connect and amp and give it a bit more power. I will do that this weekend.

I have had some inquires about price. honestly i have no idea what these are worth asis. I am open to discussion and offers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.