FS: Arjen Heldar's 3 x Tripath TA2020 PCB = 6 channels total with integrated SMPS - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Galgo is offline Galgo  Israel
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Arjen Heldar's 3 x Tripath TA2020 PCB = 6 channels total with integrated SMPS

Greetings,
For sale is Arjen Heldar's famous Tripath TA2020 board in perfect condition.
This version include 3X TA2020 , speaker protection relays as well as an integrated power supply with extra useful lines 5V/9V/12V (suitible for 110V and 220V)-
so it's all you need for a complete DTS/Home theater setup...

(no mix&match separate boards, power supplies etc... just one compact board that has it all )

The board was professionally modified (for extra $$$) by Arjen and the components were upgraded to give 6 full range audio channels with excellent quality.

It's in perfect condition - I just connected it once to verify all the channels are working as well as to estimate the power output.
Its much more powerful than expected and drives a set of 91db 100w/8ohm max RMS speakers at normal/high listening levels when the volume is around 25-30% - WOW !!!

I'm only selling because I decided to go for separated STEREO Tube/Hybrid power - so my loss is your gain

I'll include a nice wooden case that was a perfect match for the board + few needed accessories to complete your build:
  1. 6ch (3X Stereo) potentiometer for volume control (hard to find these 6ch pots).
  2. Lighted power switch
  3. 6 RCA panel mount sockets (for input)
  4. IEC power socket with fuse and medical grade filter (to filter power supply noises and ensure clean AC supply)
  5. Required MOLEX connectors for the board power supply, power switch and input sockets.
  6. A piece of shielded, medical grade power cable (not shown in the pictures)

The attached pictures are of the actual board and items I'll ship (including a piece of shielded power cord that's not in the images).

I paid 90$ for the original board.
I'm asking 80$ shipped (worldwide EMS) including all the above items.
If you really don't need the wooden box - I can deduct 5$ (cheaper postage).

If anyone interested - please let me know in PM.
Have fun,
Gal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0890.JPG (177.6 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0887.JPG (81.7 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0889.JPG (108.0 KB, 289 views)

Last edited by Galgo; 1st June 2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 1st June 2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Galgo is offline Galgo  Israel
diyAudio Member

A description from Arjen's page (of the original board - mine has been professionally modified ):

Ideal for your home made surround sound Amplifier of audiophile quality! Perfect for the ultimate gaming experience on the computer or breathtaking sound while watching the latest DVD. Also ideal for Bi-amplification systems, as you can adjust the exact level of sound and can filter at the input.

This PCB is designed for use with DTS systems and therefore has 6 Channels! This PCB is equipped with 3 TA2020 IC's and a power supply on one board.

specifications:

- 6 X 25 Watt output @ 4 Ohms

- Power Supply needs 110 - 240 Volts input and has the following voltage outputs: 12 V / -9 V / +9 V / -25 V / + 5 the main voltage for the power supply is 12 volts at 10 Amps.

- Protection circuit on board that will switch off at low impedance.

This PCB uses the TA2020 IC made by Tripath this IC is rated at 25 Watt per channel and one IC has 2 Channels. so the board has 6 Channels!!

The sound Quality of the TA2020 is Famous! These TA2020 amplifiers are hard to come by and i am the only one that sells a 6 Channel version.

Size : 23cm x 18cm x 6cm

Net weight: 780 gram

1 pcs Tripath 3 x TA2020 PCB 6 channel with intergraded SMPS
Old 1st June 2010, 11:33 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Ygpm
Old 7th August 2010, 02:17 PM   #4
uroford is offline uroford  United States
diyAudio Member

I am interested, was this sold?

Thank you,

-Steve