• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

IC: Hashimoto 20w 5K/7K Output tranformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Hashimoto H-20-7U output transformers.
Specs:
Output: 20W at 50Hz
Primary: 5K or 7K Ohms
Secondary: 4, 8, 16 Ohms
FR(+-2dB) 25-70,000Hz

H-20-7U_1024.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

More info: Hashimoto Products

The deal is, I bought these for a project a little while back and I should have asked more questions as these are not appropriate for my big GM70 monoblocks. They have the requisite 7K primary and are rated for 20 watts, but are not gapped for really high current that a GM70 requires. The 5K primary would be ideal for a high-end 300B amp. Then again if you are looking at this ad, and know what these would be used for, I don't need to explain all of this.

These were only taken out of their original boxes to examine. They have never been used, never been soldered. Exactly as new.

These cost $530/pr + $80 shipping (from both tube-amp.net and ebay..same guy). I'll eat both shipping costs and offer them for $500 shipped w/i cont'l 48. I am not forced to sell and would rather keep them for some other project than take a bath on them, so my offer is firm. Thanks for understanding.

I am no expert. Do you know which op point you want to run at? It looks like that one is gapped enough, but I don't know the voltage rating that one can handle, you'd have to ask if you plan to run ~1kv. Also, I've read a lot of different opinions on better op points for the GM70 between 7k and 10k. No personal experience.

Hello

I think Edcor produce with lower primery to. Usually people use around 10K.
I want to run at 930V plate voltage with 100mA bias. Yes it can handle 1KV that not a problem. I'm just not sure if is gaped well enough for these project.
Unfortunately for SE the max is 25W.
I collect the parts to these project to.

Greetings gabor

Hello

I think Edcor produce with lower primery to. Usually people use around 10K.
I want to run at 930V plate voltage with 100mA bias. Yes it can handle 1KV that not a problem. I'm just not sure if is gaped well enough for these project.
Unfortunately for SE the max is 25W.
I collect the parts to these project to.

Greetings gabor

Edcor could probably build whatever you want...they only charge a $40 fee for a one time design and development cost. I bet if you ask them they could build a 100w OPT without problem.

I had them design a copy of the Angela Universal power transformer and even with the design fee it was about $60 less than the Angela...plus,it is now free to everyone else (design fee)....

Good luck..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.