• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F/S: Rare Scanspeak 18w's from ProACT Studio 1s Monitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Info:
Up for sale are some Scanspeak drivers which came out of an old set of ProACT monitors. These are 8 ohm drivers and measure close to the same as the standard 18w revelators, though are about ¼” shorter and about ½” smaller in overall diameter. They weight about 0.9lbs/each more than the scan revelator 18w.

There are NO reviews of these drivers out there anywhere. I looked all over the place before I bought them. They look to be coated and therefore have a much more rigid cone than the 18w’s. I believe this gives the more forceful impact I was getting out of them.
If you look at the impedance plot below you’ll see that compared to the 18w, the impedance is much more smooth from 200hz – 20khz, implying that this driver is built to play up to quite a high crossover point and maybe even full range (until you hit natural effects of beaming). Note that these drivers are a bit higher on the plot overall because they’re 8 ohm drivers and not 4 ohm like the other 2 drivers I was testing.

I have them in some bookshelves paired with north creek d25 tweeters in a sealed 0.4ft^3 enclosure right now and they sound very nice. They’re used as a computer room setup in the nearfield, backed up in a corner on my desk nd I honestly haven’t gotten a chance to put them in a room away from walls to see how they perform. But, from the listening I’ve done in my computer room, they seem to show a lot of promise.

The only reason I’m selling these is because I’m building an open baffle setup and need to sell these drivers to fund my subwoofers for the new project.

Price:
Based on the used value of the Scanspeak 18w 4ohm, I’m asking $235 OBO shipped for these guys (used 18w revelators usually go for $330 shipped or so used and are $232/each @ MSRP).

Contact Info:
PM or e-mail at hardisj@gmail.com

References:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=1891
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...&seeallfeedback=See All Feedback&myworld=true

Woofer Tester results:

FS =48hz
Qts=0.337
Re = 6.8 ohm

Here are the results from the Woofer tester 3 and a few pictures of these (middle) compared to the driver X (8” midbass for car audio) and Scan 18w Revelator. In the Woofer Tester results, please note that the t/s parameters on the sidebar are not for the drivers I'm selling. I'll try to re-sweep them tonight and show the t/s parameters.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Color code for WT3 results and location in picture:
Green = Driver X (on left)
Purple = Scan studio (in middle)
Yellow = Scan 18w revelators (right)

You’ll see the Scan Studio version I’m selling has a very shallow natural rolloff compared to the scan 18w 4ohm driver.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Pictures:

Last edited:
I'd prefer not to ship outside the conUS. It's a hassle, dealing with customs (I've shipped outside many times and always been annoyed with it). Especially with speakers... more time in route, more time to get damaged in transit.

I'll let you know if I change my mind, though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.