• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Aleph Power Supply Parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
My Aleph 5 is being sacrificed to help finance and supply heatsinks for my upcoming F5. Hence the following parts are for sale.

I have two 300VA 30v secondary Toriods for sale. They are Plitron Part #077017201. They are $94++CAN new and I'm asking $45 each and I'll throw in the two 60A bridge rectifiers with each toroid.

Toroids.jpg

Next is the four Hammond 159ZL inductors I used in this power supply. You can read up on their specs at: Hammond Mfg. - D.C. Filter Chokes - (153 - 159 Series)

159ZL.jpg

When you can find them they are 32$CAN each. I'm asking $15.

BTW. My Aleph 5 power supply was modelled after the following schematic:

ale5-pwr.jpg

And finally the caps. These are 68,000uf/50V caps which means each bank in the picture below has 272,000uf or over half a farad for both. Per Kristijan's schematic they they are bypassed with a 4.7uF/600V film cap. Here's a pic of the bare cap:

cappic.jpg

And here is a picture of the caps as they sit today. As you can see they are properly mounted via the correct capacitor clamps. For the right buyer I will cut these in half and sell them premounted and ready to go. Or sell it as one piece. I'm asking $50 per side or $100 for all eight+Bypass.

Caps.jpg

Regards,
Dan :)

Normal

A sound suggestion but I've decided to try some different caps. It's the DIYer in me out of control? :eek:

Regards,
Dan

Dont worry, It is normal just make you a little bit crazy

my wife said
If i look you now from bought coffee
you never bought them in starbucks (US$ 5 here),
always looks for the cheaper (US$ 0,5)
but i didnt understand why you bought caps & other thing
nearly US$ 100. Ha ha ha ha

DIY make you happy

Nichicon KG super through reported as one of the best caps supply

Btw a little bit promotion
wanna try these http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/166521-fs-elna-audio-12000uf-63v.html

@ US$4 each
shipping for 4 caps US$ 15 / for 8 caps US$ 28 / for 16 caps US$ 40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.