• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Steinmusic cdx3 kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a Steinmusic CDX-3 kit a couple years ago and never got around to finishing it. It's basically a complete philips cdm12 transport with various modifications made by steinmusic. It has analog and digital out, a lcd display, remote control, powersupply.
It's wired for 120v using two separate transformers so it can very easily be rewired for 220v. The transfomers and caps are very low profile so a very compact player can be made.

To make it complete you just need an enclosure and pushbuttons. I have a schematic for the cdm12 that shows the resistors needed for the pushbuttons.
www.steinmusic.com has more info about it.

I have tested it and it works.

Make an offer by email to geom_tol @ yahoo dot com

Attached is a picture. It is sitting on a wood baseplate I made for it. That was as far as I got, I had grand plans but little time.

I'd like to get about $200 for it, but I will sell it in a couple days to the highest offer I get, so make an offer for what you think it's worth.

Attachments

• cdx3.jpg
    cdx3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 400
Hi Nick,

i would like to sell it for 200 as I think its a fair price and what I paid for it. It has full digital out and RCA, I have no DAC so only tested RCA out which is fine. I cant see why digital out wouldnt work as it is there.
If your interesteed you can mail me and take it ofline.

cheers arthur

i am interested but i can't mail you offline your email is hidden
do email me at nickcrap@hotmail.com. The price 200 is it usd or new zealand currency. Hows the sound from the rca? Is the total weight of the cd heavy+from the pic there is a remote also right?
Do you happen to know the price of shipping to Malaysia from your country? Do contact me offline regarding the price and details? Do you also have the schematic for the cd player ?
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.