• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For sale, Marantz PM17 Integrated amplifier, Located in Europe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, it's about time I say farewell to this amplifier.

This is the rare, original version.

It's in very good condition cosmetically, a few small marks, but nothing too drastic. The worst mark I can see is above the Z of Marantz on the fascia.

Gold/Champagne in colour, complete with two matching remotes. One in excellent condition, the other has been the 'daily use' remote, and hence has scratches and worn buttons, and the battery cover needs tape to secure. Both work fine. I have the original box & user manual, although the original packaging material is no longer with me.

Electronically, the amp works fantastically. I measured a tad under 140W before clipping into 4ohms with both channels driven, and around 75-80w into 8 ohms, so there is a nice reserve of power there.

The only issues electronically is that I bypassed the balance potentiometer due to it having one bad track, and I couldn't source a replacement at the time. The LED indicator for 'Line 1' is also less bright than the others.

If you know these amplifiers, you know how good they are. Only top quality components were used, Elna caps throughout, Bando toroidal trafo, Alps pots, copper shielding etc. Cabinet has aluminium fascia, side panels and lid, and heavy gauge steel chassis - very solid and weighty. Weight is around 16Kg / 36 lbs.

It's set for 230V operation - It may be possible to rewire the primary of the trafo for 110V, but i'll have to confirm this.

I would prefer to keep the sale of this to Europe, but I will ship worldwide.

Asking price is 475 Euro. Item located in GB.

See pictures here Marantz - a set on Flickr

Last edited:
I am open to offers on this amplifier.

The failure of the potentiometer didn't really pose a problem for me since I nearly always use the amplifier in direct mode anyway, which bypasses tone and balance controls. I did bypass the balance control internally though, so I at least had the facility of using the tone controls in the rare cases I needed to.

This is the type of potentiometer needed, although in an MN taper. I will email Alps tomorrow and ask if any of their distributors can supply.

Last edited:
Ok, good news! I have sourced at great expense a new genuine potentiometer for the balance control. This will be fitted as soon as It's been delivered to me.

PS. The amplifier is still for sale.

I may trade for other interesting vintage audio equipment.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.